Sharable Manual Cache Repository

Give us a place to share Manual Caches, or be able to submit manual caches online. Just so we can let others download it, so they don’t have to painstakingly spend nearly 3 hours doing the entire region they want.

I have not used the manual Cache yet but I like this idea. Cheers

2 Likes

Very interesting and novel approach to an fps/ stuttering issue and congratulations on looking at it from another point of view.

However, I do wonder about the size of the cache needed to be downloaded, the extra time it will add to a flight and the amount of extra storage needed? Even so, an interesting idea.

I am personally hoping for game optimisations from Asobo (in vain ??) which might negate the need for something like this but all credit to you.

1 Like

Idea number 4, just fix manual cache so it actually works lol. Right now it doesn’t even work with non 3d areas so for most of us it is useless. You are better off just flying over an area to load into rolling cache and using it that way.

1 Like

there’s an issue with your idea…You didnt give any sort of suggestion of HOW to fix it, you just said “FIX IT”…

If you were talking to me I thought it was pretty self explanatory. Currently manual cache only works with areas that have 3d data associated with them. Which is a fairly small part of the world. If you try to use it with regular satalite data it just ignores it and streams the data from the server anyway. Or if you offline it uses the defualt scenery if you don’t already have it in your rolling cache already. Also using manaul cache has no effect on performance either. Its only use is to reduce your data by not streaming that area while playing. I think a lot of people were hoping it would improve their performance in some way. Especially if they have poor internet.

HOW they would fix it? Heck I have no idea. I don’t program games for a living. That is their job to figure out.

They know there are issues with it. There are other posts about it going into great detail.

I was more or less making a joke. Before they start tweaking it to make it easier to use it might be a good idea if they actually fixed it so it worked correctly in the first place.

1 Like

well… that’s why i’m making suggestions, and correlating appropriate suggestions into mine with credits… Why? To give idea’s. we may not be CODING games for a living, but we can give idea’s so the devs can create better idea’s, or use our idea’s.

it’s our job, as gamers, as muses, to inspire.

This is definitely an interesting approach to the issue, rn it would be much better than what we have now. But certainly not the final answer. I would live to see us able to select the whole US, then select High and download it, let it sit for as long as need be and come back with it downloaded instead of crawling through each county of every state or province…

1 Like

I agree the map editor is clumsy. I just want to share a named map cache that I make. That way a friend can have the same quality images that I have.

1 Like

Or they could improve the UI and fix the core issues with the cache downloader instead of adding another ton of could that needs to be maintained

Lets be honest they’re never going to do that. They’re only worried about making a new product and releasing it…