Shared cockpit/multiplayer

At the moment there are still some performance issues with stuttering I would like to see Direct X 12 be implemented so that all cores of the processor can be used

1 Like

It was possible in FSX since a decade already.
Hope they add it again.

1 Like

Hi!

Like this ?

Freddy

Edit: For now it seems this addon only allows main controls manipulationā€¦ its not even required that second pilot has MSFS (screensharing via Teamviewer etc required)ā€¦ a big letdown :frowning:

2 Likes

Well, u ever played fsx?
You could both steer the aircraft, manipulate the autopilot, configure the flight computer, handle flaps, gear, throttle, just everything like a real pilot and copilot can share their work.

Thats what i wish comes again in mfs20.

1 Like

Looks like thatā€™s already a planned feature - not sure where the (official) roadmap can be found, though.

Microsoft has also discussed further planned content for Microsoft Flight Simulator beyond launch, and by extension, likely some of the first title updates to see over the months ahead. And based on its previously outlined roadmap guidelines, these will likely remain free by building on its simulation depth.

Shared cockpit functionality is planned for Flight Simulator 2020 in a future update, allowing multiplayer pilots to control a single aircraft within one environment. For a title that thrives on authenticity, integration would fully support multi-crew aircraft for multiplayer.

5 Likes

Thats great to hear! Thanks for this. I hope they prioritise this for this year still.

2 Likes

Yeah, years backā€¦ also enjoying smartcopilot in x-plane which makes it possible to share the aircraft :slight_smile:
Freddy

2 Likes

Dear Microsoft,

am I to stupid or is it just not included, that I can fly in one single plane together with a friend. Cause its not only sad its also far away from a simulation especially when u think about flying a commercial airlinerā€¦

Thanks in advance for ur answer!

Greetings from EDLN and LFSB

4 Likes

that is called a shared cockpit and on some devs interview Asobo said they will be thinking about it in the future ā€¦

1 Like

ā€¦If they r only thinking about, they should also think about taking their lives! (not for real for sureā€¦but!) Sry, but thats just ridicolous! We r talking about a Flight Simulator and even in FSX u could do itā€¦And where is the simulation factor when Iā€™m just flying alone in the cockpit??? Pls tell where the hell ? I mean I can overlook above all the major bugs the game has (and no, its not my computer all of my friends have the same bugs even with an acer preadatorā€¦) But we just cant overlook above such an ignorance! It should be a SIM NO FCKN ARCADE GAME! RIDICULOUS! And thank u for ur advice that its called shared cockpit. U seem to be pretty smart :smiley: Just tried to stay in aviation language but for GTAV players like u it seems to be too realistic in a so called simulationā€¦so we should name it shared cockpit to make it easier to understand :smiley:

1 Like

imho Asobo was focussed on graphics integrating Bing and this really looks nice,
however missing lots of basic stuff FSX already provided re airplanes etc.

2 Likes

Of course it looks niceā€¦But they cant call it a Simulation right now. Thats simply untrue. I mean ILS isnt working properly, there r just so few options in the implemented Garmins, FMC is a bad joke and so on and so onā€¦Just sad to me. I mean that the detail level of the planes wouldnt be competetive to a PMDG f.e. was for sure, but this is just sad to me. And it makes it impossible to make a simulated flight. Its just flying a nice looking plane in a nice looking environment right now but not more. They should have released it one year later or whatever they would have needed to release it when its readyā€¦imho. Btw r u from Germany? Just asking cause ur name sounds german

1 Like

Berlin/Germany & Ocala FL :innocent:

1 Like

Dann brauch ich mir ja gar nicht die MĆ¼he zu machen, auf Englisch zu schreiben :smiley: Ocala hƶrt sich nicht schlecht an :wink:

1 Like

jup besitze auch noch die amerikanische staatsbĆ¼rgerschaft weil ich dorten das licht der welt
erblickte, ansonsten aber deutsch seit 1253 (familienwappen) :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

1 Like

Wow, dass ist echt nice, wenn man weiƟ, seit wann es seine Familie gibt. Habe dazu auch mal versucht etwas herauszufindenā€¦man kann leider nicht viel finden und das was man findet ist ein wenig schwammig. Scheint aber so, als wƤren die Meisten meiner Vorfahren um das 18Jh nach Amerika ausgewandert.

1 Like

Image Source
soooo exciting to see this!!! Iā€™ll wait patiently, but donā€™t hold this for tooo looooooooooooong :rofl:

4 Likes

I agree! We really need this feature!

3 Likes

Bump, just because this is what me and my friends need. X Plane kinda delivered with smartcopilot but not to our expectations

1 Like

I know this was already mentioned and acknowledged back in September but it doesnā€™t appear on the published wishlists in the developer updates anymore. Thereā€™s no timeframe or anything. Is it still coming? If so when? Please and thank you