Shared cockpit/multiplayer

When FSX first came out - I remember a ton of people asking for rides or “lessons” in MP - it was actually a pretty cool experience. They could just hang out and check out the scenery while someone else worried about the flying. and it’s a lot easier to help someone with their landings if you’re sitting in the same plane.

Commenting to keep this alive. Shared cockpit functionality needs to be a thing.

3 Likes

Agreed. I’ve pretty much stopped playing the sim till they add it.

2 Likes

Having tinkered with the Your Controls mod, I really look forward to this. I see it’s planned for 2022, hopefully first half :smile:

6 Likes

I’m absolutely hyped for something like this; it would make simming far more fun and challenging (and actually force people to use checklists rather than rely on quick cockpit flows)

8 Likes

We need shared cockpit!

2 Likes

I would love the idea of flying together in the same plane! Please consider this as a priority Asobo!

2 Likes

Have you not heard about JoinFS. It has shared cockpit functionality and is 100% free and doesn’t use servers.

https://joinfs.net/

1 Like

PLEASE we need this!!

4 Likes

Considering we’re seeing a lot of fully fledged airliners release for MSFS:
JustFlight Bae 146
PMDG 737
Fenix A320
I think a lot of people from the community would be more than excited to be able to do flights with their friends within the same airplane. This in term would most likely open up more planes (both GA and airliners) to be used in the same way.

4 Likes

Wouldn’t do much for the Xbox crowd now would it. A native solution as a base if anything, would always be preferred :smile:

2 Likes

I agree.
And more advanced features to help in the cockpit could be added, such as a visual pointer that would show a specific button/switch that both pilots could use and see, or even just support for more than 2 people in the cockpit (with modes like captain seat, copilot seat, view only seat).

It’s time to see this multiplayer feature come out, allowing us to teach each other how to fly the plane, get comfortable with vatsim, tag along or just enjoy Virtual Airlines with a crew.

Let’s get the vote counts up folks!

6 Likes

We need the shared cockpit ASAP, please

5 Likes

Oh yes, good to hear they are at least planning this feature. Can’t wait. So hyped :smile:

Yes! Give us native shared cockpit.

I have been using YourControls quite a bit, and it’s a glimmer of what to come, IMHO.
In VR, with voice on discord and on Vatsim, taking the roles as PF and PM - it’s just fantastically immersive and takes the sim experience to new heights.

YourControls was glitchy (sadly not updated anymore), and with PMDG it caused a whole lot of trouble. So we need this feature to go as deep and native as possible!

Please, Asobo - focus on the interesting things too, not just the cosmetics!

7 Likes

200% Agree, Shared cockpit is a must for flight simming ! And YourControls is terrible, so glitchy and unreliableand also causing problems to aircraft when not using it.

We need a solid shared cockpit ‘‘Multiplayer’’ but also compatible with 3rd party aircraft.

It would been to record every triggers and event and share it to both party and also confirm received so we can be sure it works both ways. A sort for redondency that YourControls doesn’t have.

There should be a warning or error for incompatible Airac / Navdata however, that’s the only thing I could see that may be causing problems.

PLEASE Asobo :slight_smile:

Sorry for my broken english

6 Likes

Multi-player but both players are flying the same plane, one as pilot and the other as co-pilot where applicable. (e.g. aircraft)

2 Likes

thank you to whoever merged this request with the original post.

+1 for this feature please!

1 Like

Posting to keep this subject alive. I have more simmers than I can count on Xbox waiting for this feature

2 Likes

this is an important request, i keep it alive too…

2 Likes