Shared cockpit/multiplayer

Any updates on this as yet ?

1 Like

It is on the whislist as “planned”, i hope for the best. Flying complex planes with my friends & teamwork will make it so much enjoyable for me.

2 Likes

There’s a mod on flightsim.to (YourControls - Shared Cockpit - Fly A Plane Together for Microsoft Flight Simulator | MSFS) that adds this functionality.

Agreed. Want to double drive with my friend :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

2 Likes

Wasn’t this planned for 2022 at some point? What happened?

1 Like

I join the request. We need this feature! Maybe in the next big update coming?

It doesnt work too good…sadly.

Why is that?

its not synchronized. So you wont see the same readings on the gauges. Which alone makes it useless to me. besides that the one who isn’t in control cant really do anything…Its far from flying as PF and PM.

OK. Got it.

They are working on a big update to this mod (version 3), they are adding granularity to the controls.

Meaning that on aircraft like the PMDG DC-6 one person can be Pilot Flying, exclusively with yoke control. And another can be Flight engineer/Pilot Monitoring, exclusively with throttle control.

Both can still use radios and switches etc.

1 Like

Thanks. Got it.

Just to keep this alive. I really enjoy flying the PDMG DC6, but it’s absolutely impossible to fly this in a appropiate way by one only person. Keep the climbing rate, manage the throttle and the BPEM, change the radial, change the VOR frequency, cowl flaps, switch to STD the altimeter, carburator heaters, cross feeding, fuel pumps to change secondary to primary fuel tanks, flaps and on top, communicate with the online ATC (IVAO or VATSIM). No way… It’s MANDATORY to fly this beauty with a a copillot to obtain the maximun performance and all this mighty plane have to offer.

And of course, A320 or 737-800/700… beauties.

Please, please, PLEASE let us to enjoy in party with at least ONE person more with our same passion!

3 Likes

Thanks for keeping this alive!

1 Like

I would suggest : They should have “thought” about it in the past, well before the release, when the functionality of MSFS 2020 was being DESIGNED, so to allow “Shared Cockpit” to be smoothly integrated in the future.

Thinking about it in the future, is like thinking about closing the stable door, AFTER the horse has bolted … YES, you can still close the stable door, but first now, you will have to go round up the horse, and put it back in the stable :wink:

1 Like

okay but my concern is how would this work with third party aircraft? The FBW A320 might be easy enough and it’s a330 cousins but there’s plenty of other planes whos developers would have to update their planes for compatibility.

I think it would be simpler to have a default pilot and copilot native within the game and modders/third party developers can add in the additional multicrew as necessary via the SDK. Now featured on Flightsim.to: 20 Slot airbus a320nx :thought_balloon:

I would hope that if the third party aircraft are only using sim-native variables etc, it should just work automatically. Because they would ‘appear’ to MSFS to be no different to default aircraft.

However I expect fully custom content such as the tablet in the FBW would not be synced.

I agree, SDK support for this would be essential for developers with custom content/variables, so they could easily include full shared cockpit functionality for their aircraft.

I hope that they hurry Up a bit

1 Like

Bumping to keep alive!

1 Like

Should not have to use freeware/payware Plugins like Your Controls and FSRealistic for common core features that should have been included on day 1.

Voted.

1 Like