Should I wait on MSFS2020?

Yes I’m waiting for that pmdg777 too! My favourite plane in that sim next to the 787

1 Like

I’m doing the same too! Msfs was overhyped…

Unless the A320 is your thing. The FBW A32NX makes the stock plane rather enjoyable, but you’d still need to be happy with it being in development and frequent updates and sim updates breaking it.

I am Mr Tubeliner and I’m far from sorely disappointed. A tad frustrated at times for sure. I’d be mighty peeved if I was still a Boeing fan though, especially 737.

1 Like

To be honest, this thread has many opinions. I think the best if you try by yourself, get the Xbox pass for 1$ and test it. Then you can judge by yourself how it feels. Personally, after MSFS, I find it harder to get back to XP or P3D, it is really MSFS with its quirks, it is so immersive and worth the experience. So yeah, get the Xbox pass, try it out for a month. If you don’t like it, just remove it and cancel the pass. If you like it you can buy it or continue using it with the pass. Easy ;),

1 Like

Don’t worry about FPS! MSFS 2020 it’s wonderful on GA plane! I don’t have a powerful Rig and my average FPS are 20 and it’s totally flyable. Remind that MSFS is not a war plane simulation. Stay safe and good flight.

I think you can use it as long as you pay the XBox pass fee. It is the basic version though but it’ll give you a feel for it.

Make sure to have FBW mod installed. This is a very good mod and similar to zibo mod on X-Plane https://flybywiresim.com/

P/S: use the installer, since it is almost daily updated

1 Like

In that case, no. If you are a hardcore hit all the switches from cold/dark IFR tubeline flyer you will hate it, as all the bits you like are the ones that have had the least amount of effort. If you are sampling it try the A32NX, but the default planes are terrible. Monitor it, give them six-twelve months to sort it out, and the payware market of course.

It could be awesome … and it could collapse in a heap.

3 Likes

I haven’t ever owned the 777. I have only been using P3D since January. I do own the 737 and the 747 and all the expansions… Also have QWings 787, FSLabs 319/320/321, Aerosoft 330 and CRJ, Majestic Q400, MilViz KA350i, Pilot’s Boeing Clipper, and all the A2A aircraft. (Let’s just say I dove in head first. LOL)…

After flying those, it’s kind of hard to fly the big birds in MSFS2020 right now with the exception of FBW 320. So, I stick mostly to Bush flying in MSFS. That will all change one day.

1 Like

Personally, in times where airports often cost $30 and planes are $70+ for P3D, I just can’t understand the real question here. Many of us paid $100s for enhancing our experience in P3D (including myself), now its the question of spending less than the -8 expansion costs for the PMDG 747 to get a completely new platform to explore. This has the potential to give you 100s of fun hours just to explore the new possibilities

Don’t get me wrong here, I am still using P3D here and then for my tubeliner actions, this is not about ditching a Simulation Platform at all. I was always a tubeliner fanatist and P3D still does the job very well, as there are many good addons for this type of flying - and i got them all (most), and enjoy most of them.
So have I never touched GA in P3D, got some ACs from A2A, but GA was never fun in P3D.

But getting MSFS was still a no brainer for me, and I must say, I love doing GA stuff and VFR flying now, most of the planes are nice to fly when getting the enhancement and gps mods. Its fun to explore parts of the world that have never gotten love in P3D. And there is many free stuff that can enchance your experience. Its fun to do GA flights around the world in a fixed group of people. And its fun to go back to P3D here and then to enjoy my beloved tubes.

It has never been a question of this sim or another sim in my understanding. Its just the way of using them in parallel to get the best experience possible.

2 Likes

the crj definitly won’t be a reference, aerosoft never made really realistic planes

Boston, you’re like me!! I had versions of p3d from v3 up to the latest 5.yes i have quality wings and my wife is getting pmdg 777 next week for my birthday. I love her for the fact she cares about my hobby! I stick with p3d for jets and serious ifr because msfs is just too unstable for heavy jets now, except the flybywire mod a320.Tried several long hauls with the 787, 747 etc, crashes to desktop, unrealistic panels and ■■■■■ switches you name it. P3d gives me a much more satisfying experience… feels real and I can fly long distances, leave pc , come back and its still chugging along in cruise until tod. Msfs is ga and eye candy only. Until msfs sorts out the jets department with study level Boeing airliners, p3d for now, thank you!

1 Like

…and nothing is as frustrating as doing a long haul flight and ctd 2 hours in or on final, or taxiing to the gate.msfs did that to me several times, even now.you live and learn!!

2 Likes

Right on !!! No sim is better than the other, all this bashing and criticising people do to others about it. It all boils down to personal taste and I respect that. We think alike!!! I have both and I’m just like you !! Someone said to me in an earlier post I was boring because I was flying 2 sims. Would you believe it?? Wow!!

1 Like

Exactly!!!

dont listen to others…its your fun thats flying sims is all about.
some ppl try to sell their opinions as facts,haha very funny.
try it out on the xpass, and decide for yourself, but the tubeliners are pretty basic, do
have a look at that a320 mod tho and the crj mod, these move in the right direction.

Yes, but be aware that any update you buy will be not usable once your subscription stops and until you buy the sim again…

Do not buy deluxe/premium upgrades while on game pass. It’s way more economical to buy the desired version directly when you decide to buy it.

I purchased MSFS premium 2020 last October 2020 for around GBP100. I thought this would be a good deal - but I was wrong big time. It ceased to work, and still does not work even though the latest version 1.13.16.0 has been downloaded. I have been in touch with the MS techie team but am asked to do stuff for which I think I need a MS Cert Sys Engineer qualification. The problem I have is, the game starts to load, I may actually get to play it for a half hour, then it closes down without warning and without advice on what to do. So my MSFS sits unused because I do not know what to do next. You ask - should you wait … ?!

most users have not those problems, and yes i agree for not computer savvy users the
sim is far form user friendly.

First of all, the answer is NO. Don’t wait. For all the problems (though frankly I’ve only had one), MSFS is just amazing. Don’t wait. The MSFS and Asobo teams deserve a TON of credit. They update the sim every 2-4 weeks. Are people having problems? Sure. They’re getting resolved. It’s not an update every 6 months or a year with other sims.

And STOP OBSESSING OVER FPS!!! I’ve never checked it in MSFS and I never will.

Do yourself a favor: get it. You will not regret it.

1 Like