Show distance, course and speed of other aircraft in the nameplates

Rather than show player telemetry on the name tag I would like to see other plaers on the TCAS display. I will still back being able to toggle the nameplate though.

A distance indicator would be useful when doing multiplayer flights. My group does formation flying and often time we blow by each other because we have no idea how far away the other person is.

It would be helpful. As I understand it you can ‘see’ up to 6 planes in your area. A geo location tag that included height, distance and speed. For those of us that have the G1000 we can ‘see’ most of this infro on are MFP.

dw

In previous editions of MSFS we had a distance in nautical miles from the aircraft we are flying in the vicinity of in Multiplayer. It would be nice to see the proximity of these aircraft which would be helpful when departing out of / arriving into airports, or when flying with a group. It seems like such a simple tweak as we alreafy see name, altitude and aircratt type.

It’s also be nice if we could set the distance of these aircraft plates. I’d like to only show plates for aircraft in visual range. And being able to make the plate much smaller without affecting the rest of the UI on Xbox.

I think the plate can be made smaller (or the text in at least via the text size settings) but yes I have to agree with you. I do a regular group flight and when we’re spread out we have to call out distances from an airport or waypoint to then work out our proximity to each other. We tried a little experiment and have come to the conclusion that the tags pop in somewhere just over 100 nautical miles from your location. It would be nice to just see that information readily available!

Yes it does seem the distance is quite large as you suggest. Which seems a bit pointless to me. And also means the sky is often full of placards for aircraft nowhere near.

I much preferred the simpler tags from FSX. I also wish it was something we could attach to a control to easily switch on and off.

Seeing how there are mods to create different types of nameplates, there seems to be a desire for different styles of nameplates. it might be a good idea for Asobo to create a “simplified/detailed” nameplate selection.
Simplified would be the nameplate we already have, or maybe even a slimmed down one, and detailed would show the info mentioned in this thread.

Just hope they also make the nameplates visible for SimConnect traffic…

In my opinion the information now is practically useless. Nameplates dont have different size, so you have absolutely NO IDEA about what distance is the objective. In fact I dont mind the name of the pilot, I just need to know what distance (in Kilometers if possible) is from y my plane. Of course all these things should be customizable, but many asked things and nobody hear (I think it is unusefull all these commnents).
The perfect thing would be to have plane icons in the FSKneeboard (VFRmap, or whatever), but I think there is a problem showing those icons and only work with planes controlled by the AI traffic (not humans).
Also planes with radar (like F-18) could use the radar to give information about other players.

I routinely see aircraft approximately 100 miles away at another popular area.
I am not interested in tracking tags that far away.

I would mostly be interested in speed and also to have some kind of slider to select up to what distance you want to see other planes. For example, just show planes that are within 300 miles from me or what ever other distance. In some cases, I may only want to see planes within 25-50 miles from me.

1 Like

So I miss a little more information on the name plates to what is there already: (Flight) Name, craft type and altitude. What I would like to see as well is the distance from me in preferred metrics. Many a time I’ve chased traffic and wondered: Am I gaining or not? If gaining, I’ve suddenly whizzed past them. Or they just disappeared telling me the opposite. But I wish for a smoother way of telling that.

Does MSFS have a similar editable file like FSX has? I remember being able to add or remove the information being presented by simply marking with a “1” or “0”.

Takes long!

What about new nameplates with informations like speed/direction/arr/dep/distance/flight hours badges?

1 Like

Yes more information is needed in the nameplates. In my opinion distance at the very least. Cycling through could easily add or remove more / less parameters as required.

2 Likes

Agreed 100 %

There multiple things that could / should be done to aircraft labels (For those when want those labels – not everyone does)

ie

• Configurable Information
  • Size / color
  • Distance
  • Adjustable Range
  • FP departure-destination ICAO codes
  • Real Time Control (keyboard mapping for ON/OFF)

ie The typical Data that one would see, as labels for targets on an ATC Radar Display.

While some of these can (and already are) be done in the PC world, little or nothing exists for the more restricted to Mods, X-Box environment.

This include

1. The option to control labels for AI, and Real World traffic.
  2. The ability to get this information for ALL planes, by simconnect. (ie for LNM)
2 Likes

Some typical issues with MP labels -

• FA18E showing up as an A320
  • Missing ICAO Code (plane type) fro X-box id K9CPL
  • Full name instead of ICAO code ( No consistency)

Obviously, if I do not have a FA18E, I am not going to see a FA18E, but
To see an A320 in its place is just ridiculous
I may well have a FA18E, but not the custom Livery that the other user has, and hence the model matching fails.

So, what is also needed, is a way to get a table of the MP planes in one’s session, with more than just the X-Box name.
That table should also contain, at a minimum,

• X-Box name,
  • ICAO,
  • Livery name.

Maybe in a more detailed LOCAL PLAYER display ?

local players

Attention Getter: Could be good for SALES !!

If I see a lot of F18E label, I might well be temped to purchase the F18E, or at least consider it,
At least I will know that an F18E exists in MSFS, and I probably do not have it in my Hangar.

Have to wonder sometimes, if some Plane Dev, even test their planes in MP ??

Looking at the aircraft.cfg “Icao_type_designator” that has been (randomly) assigned to some aircraft, its hardly surprising that labels & model matching is in such a mess.

icao_type_designator =D2C
icao_type_designator =D2CF
icao_type_designator =LKSK
icao_type_designator =
icao_type_designator = “A20N”
icao_type_designator = “A5”
icao_type_designator = “ASOBO1J”
icao_type_designator = “ASOBO1P”
icao_type_designator = “ASOBO1T”
icao_type_designator = “ASOBO2J”
icao_type_designator = “ASOBO2P”
icao_type_designator = “ASOBO4J”
icao_type_designator = “B06”
icao_type_designator = “B748”
icao_type_designator = “B78X”
icao_type_designator = “BE36”
icao_type_designator = “BE58”
icao_type_designator = “C152”
icao_type_designator = “C172”
icao_type_designator = “C208”
icao_type_designator = “C25C”
icao_type_designator = “C700”
icao_type_designator = “CC19”
icao_type_designator = “CP10”
icao_type_designator = “Cabri”
icao_type_designator = “DA40”
icao_type_designator = “DA62”
icao_type_designator = “DR40”
icao_type_designator = “DV20”
icao_type_designator = “FDCT”
icao_type_designator = “H4”
icao_type_designator = “KODI”
icao_type_designator = “P28A”
icao_type_designator = “P28R”
icao_type_designator = “P28S”
icao_type_designator = “P28U”
icao_type_designator = “PC6”
icao_type_designator = “PIVI”
icao_type_designator = “PTS2”
icao_type_designator = “RV10”
icao_type_designator = “RV14”
icao_type_designator = “SAVG”
icao_type_designator = “SR22”
icao_type_designator = “TBM9”
icao_type_designator = “VL3”
icao_type_designator = C90
icao_type_designator = CT182T
icao_type_designator = EXPERIMENTAL
icao_type_designator = PA28
icao_type_designator = PC12
icao_type_designator =“B350”
icao_type_designator =“C152”
icao_type_designator =“C172”
icao_type_designator =“C414”
icao_type_designator =“DHC2”
icao_type_designator =“EA7”
icao_type_designator =“FA18E”
icao_type_designator =“G-44A”
icao_type_designator =“L19”
icao_type_designator =“M500”
icao_type_designator =“MXS”
icao_type_designator =AP22
icao_type_designator =BN2MKIII
icao_type_designator =BN2P
icao_type_designator =C172
icao_type_designator =C208
icao_type_designator =DC-3
icao_type_designator =DGF
icao_type_designator =GBR3
icao_type_designator =JN4
icao_type_designator =KODI
icao_type_designator =L19
icao_type_designator =PC6
icao_type_designator =PZ04
icao_type_designator =PZ04H
icao_type_designator =PZ04P
icao_type_designator =PZ04X
icao_type_designator =RV7
icao_type_designator =RV7A
icao_type_designator =SpiritOfStLouis
icao_type_designator =WA_BUGGY
icao_type_designator =W_Flyer
icao_type_designator =XL
icao_type_designator =g-21

Yes would be nice and usefull distance in the plates.