Showcase Camera Default Settings

I’d like to change the default settings for the Showcase aka Drone camera. On every flight, one of the first things I do is change the camera zoom and position and I’m getting tired of it. Altering and saving new defaults would be a treat! I haven’t been able to locate a camera.cfg file for the Showcase camera (or even if it’s settings are even stored in one). Anyone in the know?

2 Likes

Would love an answer to this question as well. I’m in the same boat, tired of adjusting the settings.

Didn’t get a chance to try this yet, but maybe this is the answer…

Can’t add a link so, go to YouTube and search “MSFS | QuickFix Series | Create Custom Camera Views (4K)”

Thank you. I am aware of this technique and its a good trick, but my quest is to be able to do this for the drone camera so it’s zoom (for instance) matches the VC camera.

Yep - I’d love to know about this too. I find 70% zoom the most realistic (non fish-eye) level and would like to permanently set the drone camera to 70% zoom. Can’t find a way to do it as of yet! Have looked at a few of the .cfg files but nothing jumps out to me.

2 Likes

It would be great if we could define a default zoom level in the Options, or at least have the sim remember our last chosen zoom setting.

With the current system I find it hard to judge distances reliably as the zoom changes between views. To make matters even more confusing, the initial zoom sometimes differs between aircraft. With everything at default (Cockpit Zoom 50 in Options; InitialZoom =0.35 in the aircraft’s cameras.cfg), I find that +/- 64% zoom in External/Drone results in a uniform picture on my monitor.

I have now made it a habit to check the camera.cfg files of all aircraft after every update and set InitialZoom =0.35 for all cockpit and showcase views.

1 Like

That’s something we can do, edit the file and it will edit the in-game default view?

And yes, it would be nice to have the [very basic] option to just change the default views in the options.

Yes, doing this you can set a uniform zoom level for all fixed views. But to get the same picture in the external and showcase cameras, you still have to adjust the zoom manually every flight.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.