Sick and tired of banking

Sorry, but I am a little confused.

The control is the same.

Drop Landing Gear is the same whether the request came
from a “joystick” or a keyboard.

1 Like

You can fly the prop aircraft with a keyboard, why wouldn’t you be able to? Sure it takes a lot of bashing, but it’s not impossible.

I learnt to fly with the keyboard in FS4! Didn’t get a yoke until much later, perhaps even with FS5! Now I’m an airline captain…

Still, I find a joystick/yoke much easier of course, and natural.

2 Likes

Aircraft will naturally bank if their wing is upset, and will eventually end up with them entering a spiral dive. This sim does a good job of upsetting the aircraft, and is much less on rails than previous sims. There are always constant adjustments needed just like when you drive a car or ride a bike, small adjustments are always needed to keep straight.

The only solution I guess is to fly with no weather, or clouds only weather. You’d probably have to save your own weather themes. Even that may not help though.

I’ve had this happen to me several times. When I’m on the outside flying and I accidentally hit a number key from the keypad it will bank and will not stop. Now this is on the airliners when it happens. It might help if I read what the keypads correspond with. But even back in the cockpit making sure everything is still set. Even taking control of the plane will not work. So it might behoove you and I to check out what the keypad numbers correspond with to correct this issue

How do you maintain centerline during the take off run, especially with a gusty crosswind?

1 Like

Rudder… I use Insert and Enter with my thumb and little finger.

1 Like

Plus two fingers for the aileron and another one (or two) for the elevator…

2 Likes

It’s not easy, but it is possible! :sunglasses:
New landing challenge haha

2 Likes

That sounds like a new challenge for those that beat Sekiro on a set of DK Bongos.

Probably a deflected rudder. When taxiing on ground are you using rudder input? Maybe you use the keys for turning, which are also the rudder trim. If you don’t center it again for takeoff, your rudder will have a tremendous authority over the banking in high AOA situations like on takeoff and landing. You will not stop a roll with the ailerons alone if the rudder is fully deflected to one side on most airplanes.

1 Like

A bit of a shame the OP cannot get a proper answer from a lot of people…He’s not asking for joystick tips, he’s asking something about playing with a keyboard.

At home i play with an xbox controller, on trips in hotels for instance in the evening i also play with a keyboard. And since update 2 it just sucks to be honest. Flying the smaller prop. planes is ok, but landing and takeoff is way off. One tik to the left or right and your off the runway unable to have normal controll of the plane and definately not crosswind related.
And (for me) mostly in a second flight the plane keeps pulling to one side (mostely right).
I don’t know why they changed this, or made is so much more difficult to get up/down, but perhaps there should be a option to turn it of. Binding for instance the 5 keys didn’t solve the problem of staying centered for keyboard players. (and yes, it’s easier with a stick)

1 Like

There is your problem.
When you start outside of the runway you are not perfectly aligned once you get to it, and with keyboard and mouse you cannot make the small required corrections.

1 Like

A shame? This is a flight simulator, hence ‘flying’ with a keyboard is just a last resort way to control an aircaft.

If your aircraft pulls to the right, the only reason is crosswind from the right.
You can ‘turn it off’ by removing the wind layer.

2 Likes

Yes, but this is a forum. Where he can ask a question. People can also try to normally answer the OP instead of bashing him…

I think the answer to your issue is to get a basic HOTAS. Mouse and keyboard is possible, but not practical. :mask:

What bashing? From what I’ve read most replies simply state that using a joystick has a lot of advantages.

PSVWally is right… it’s not only saying that joystick has advantages, there is a chorus of people here stating that keyboard and mouse is the cause of this issue… and not wrong handling of the aircraft. They have only one tip: buy a joystick. But it was clearly stated in the OP: joystick is no option. So it’s bashing to keep stating that keyboard only is not playable. Just answer the question if you know a solution for the aircraft banking issue using the keyboard ! I’ve put a few tips, hope OP will return to read them.

1 Like

Where did you read that?

It’s stated as a fact. “I fly with keyboard and mouse”, the question is about aircraft behaviour.

And read submit #8,

People who have that are not entitled to fly ? Above it reads they should play Tetris :cat: wtf…

Apparently you comprehend his posts different than I do.

Btw. You missed the OPs replies to my post:

I’ve been flying all types of planes with keyboard…
Though I think you want to remark the preference/need of a joystick
Might be time to consider it
Thanks

I think that as I have never used a joystick I would have not suspected such a thing
Som thank you, I think I must give it a chance :sweat_smile: