Sick and tired of icing

Is there any plans by Asobo to fix constant engine and wings freezing even when are heating switches on??

Which aircraft though?

The icing is baked into the model, and I can’t see them doing much with them for a long time…

They need to come up with different icing variables, such as engine cowl icing, and wing icing. But I don’t think we have those variables yet…

The problem is the partially incorrect location where the ice accretion occurs.

E.g. on the A320 the engine nacelles are icing over in MSFS, which doesn’t happen IRL.
The intake lip is heated and that’s where the ice would accumulate IRL as well during the flight.

The ice on the nacelles only appears if the aircraft is sitting static on the apron, hence it needs to be removed with the ground de-icing equipment.

787, IRL never seen that in the middle of flight or approach, thats what is engine and wings deicers are for right? But with that icing problem my trim is always -80% at approach so i need to turn it off in developer mode

The complete wings and engines aren’t de-iced IRL.
Again, only the intake lips of the engine nacelles are are de-iced.
On the wings it’s only the slats (and most likely not all of them) which are being de-iced on the 787.

The problem with the 787 de-icing system is that AFAIK it’s simply not working, so to offset the increase in weight and drag and the lift decrease, you need to considerable increase your minimum and approach speeds.
This will lower the pitch attitude (and trim) to a normal level.
With a non-working de-icing system you have to do the same IRL.

FYI, there’s an entire thread on the icing effects, not sure how to link it here, but they are supposedly addressing some of the issues with SU4 on the 25th of May.

https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/excessive-icing-effect