Sim disables TrackIR on line of sight loss or TrackIR Pause

Edited:

Problem: The TrackIR option is disabled in the simulator camera options if the TrackIR camera loses line of sight with the TrackIR head tracker device, or if the TrackIR Pause option is used. Expected behavior is for the operation of TrackIR to resume normally when line of sight is reacquired, or TrackIR is unpaused, and without the sim disabling TrackIR in the interim, which causes the view to also reset.

I’m seeing the TrackIR randomly stopping on every plane I’ve flown in.

TrackIR software is still seeing the head movements but the sim stops responding to the head movement
SU7 beta and DX12.

Kev

If you use the pause feature of TrackIR, it now seems to turn off a TrackIR setting in the sim. When it stops responding, select the camera button from the toolbar, there should be a “TrackIR” option that is likely toggled off. Click that and it should resume working immediately.

Maybe a mod can merge these

https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/track-ir-intermittently-not-working/469946/3

1 Like

It used to stop moving when you got out of range of the TrackIR sensor but immediately recovered when it was back in range. I’ve never had to re-enable the TrackIR feature.

Kev

Yes, this is the problem. TrackIR is turned off if the IR camera loses sight of the headset or if TrackIR is paused. Reenabling it in the camera menu works, but only until it loses sight of the device again. Definitely a change in behavior that needs to be addressed or using TrackIR will become frustrating and impractical.

1 Like

I’m using Opentrack with Freetrack 2.0 output to the game. MSFS sees it as a TrackIR device.

Want to report that I am not experiencing these issues. I can block the camera’s line of sight; and the view will snap to the new head position when I uncover it. Same with with pausing and unpausing the head tracking through OpenTrack.

Also noticed this last night when I went to reach for something out of the IR camera range.

Same here with SU7.

• It is always disabled when we start a new flight (we need to enable it again). Same with AI controlling ATC, we need to enable it again every new flight.
  • It gets disabled when it loses sight as mention in the original post