Sim freezes “NOT RESPONDING” every time trying to “SAVE AS” a REPLAY while in VR

STEAM Version
Developer Mode - ON
Every time I try to save a REPLAY while flying in VR the sim freezes and becomes “Not responding” I have to terminate it with “End Task” in Task Manager.
when I fly in 2D no problem saving a replay to disk.
I tried flying in VR and just before going back to the Replay UI, I switch back to 2D then try to Save, the sim still freezes.
Using the latest MSFS2020 Build, in Windows 11. Windows 10 had the same problem.
Thanks

The sim is very bad about hiding the file menu behind the active window. You won’t see it in VR. I suggest trying ALT+TAB to make the file menu the active window and then you should be able to save. Once the file menu is closed, the sim should resume.

Hope that helps

1 Like

Sorry, obviously I was not detailed enough.
When I click on the SAVE AS button from the REPLAY UI the windows file manager APPEARS NO PROBLEM, I choose the folder I want my replay to be saved in and once I click the SAVE button in the FILE MANAGER then the sim freezes, every time.
Again NO PROBLEM to save a replay if I never activate VR.
Have you tried to save a replay while in VR, or after exiting VR?

1 Like

At the moment it is not possible to save while in vr mode.You can change back to 2d and then save,revert to vr .As BlastingSheel posted,you can get going again by that method.

1 Like

Sure, and that’s what I said in my post.
To me the tool is only useful if I can record while flying in VR, since I can only fly properly in that mode, in 2D mode I suck!
Plus, I am quite worried about the VR dev on this platform as the recent DEV schedule release only shows TBDs for the VR section!

Can you save a file when not using the replay function,you know like an ordinary flight?