Sim Freezes when Loading into Airports/Airfields SU5 and WU6

Encountered the same problem today (freeze during load), while loading into EGLL (Heathrow), to see if the sim can deliver 30fps on my ‘not so new anymore’ hardware. Tried with mods and without. restartet sim every time - obviously. Also restarted the machine. All that did not help. Had no problem before today, but also I did not fly in the UK before today. So I guess it must have something todo with the location.

After reading through this post, I then did what I originally had plant: I loaded up a flight from Berlin (EDDB, the aerosoft version) to Heathrow. All Addons enabled. Online on IVAO. Flew the flight without any issues.
So I can confirm, that you can fly into a destination that is not available to load into.

On a side note: Yes, I do get 30fps now which is a very big step for me.

On another side note: Don’t lose faith. I believe this will get solved.

And on a third side note: @BillUp72 YOU did a great service to the community by moderating this thread and keeping it up to date, so: A BIG THANK YOU :+1: :+1:

1 Like

As I continue investigating my problem.
When I load a flight with the “Online functionality” left to OFF, it loads fine. When in flight I am able to turn on the “Online functionality”. But as soon as I go back to main menu I am not able to start a flight from here.

Happened to me today too, tried to load into EDDF and it froze, loaded into EGLL no problems, it seems it’s not the same airports you can’t load into for everyone.

It did the same to me yesterday trying to load into KJFK, the workaround I found was to uninstall WU USA, delete the rolling cache and reinstall WU USA, I haven’t tried to do the same with the EDDF yet. It’s also weird, this morning I was able to load into EDDL, wait 60 seconds on the ground and then load into EDDF and it worked but tonight I can’t even load into EDDL.

Even for the airports that you weren’t able to load into before? I might have to try this tomorrow.

I wasnt able to load at any airport. With the “Online functionality” OFF I was.

Check! I’ll try this tomorrow!

Just for the sake of clarity, can you turn on the online functionality at the gate after spawning in or you have to wait until you’re airborn?

At the gate worked fine.

We tested it on one of my friend’s machine today and it would CTD when trying to spawn at EDDF. We checked if his sim was up to date and realized there was a bunch of updates available buried deep in his content manager. As soon as he updated EDDF, no more CTD. That’s something I’m going to have to take a look at tomorrow. I think my sim is up to date but it raised the possibility that I didn’t look well enough and there’s pending updates available without knowing it or being notified about it in MSFS, it doesn’t show in the Market Place, only in content manager. I’ll report back tomorrow.

That is extremely kind of you to say ptPilot. As stated before, you’re all family to me.

There have been a few people that said this has solved their problems, so it deserves further investigation. One person further up this thread turned everything off involved with being “online”, and left it off, and they never had another issue. I tried it and it never worked for me.

I thought it must have something to do with the UK scenery, yet it was happening all over the world for me.

So do I buddy. I have no doubts. Too many people are suffering with this issue for it to be swept under the carpet so to speak. I also don’t think that Asobo are intentionally ignoring the problem. I think they are completely overwhelmed with all the other issues. Also just reading the last 20 posts in this thread, you can see there are so many different scenarios, trigger points to this issue, it must be extremely hard to narrow down, and pinpoint.

1 Like

This thread has two forum moderators commenting on it. One linked this thread, and closed the other thread down. So it is certainly on the radar. And I am sure the freezing is certainly being looked into by the team.

I would urge any 3rd party developers that have had problems with their software freezing, to openly tell us what was causing the issue. While its great that you got it fixed, we as a community really need to know what you did (no matter how technical) to solve the issue. It would help us no end to troubleshoot, or come up with a wider fix. Something to report to Asobo. :pray::pray:

1 Like

Hi Chris,

could not find a workaround for spawning at LSZH with Switzerland Mesh Marketplace version installed(Already mentioned in this thread), so I decided to take FSDT on on their forum statement to exchange the marketplace version with the version sold through their website. Contacted them sunday evening. Received a reply monday morning. The mesh scenery is now installed in the community folder. No problems anymore with spawning at LSZH. I took the opportunity to ask directly , whether they could shed a light on this, as they claim to have handed over a solutions to MS. Up till now no answer received … NDA? Wrong person? Wrong question :roll_eyes:? Or just a jungle right now… Who knows​:thinking:

I concur. I’m an ATC and an ex software developer so MSFS combines both my passions in one. Flight sim softwares are huge beasts, working with 3D rendering, flight physics, weather, instruments logics and so much more… I can just imagine how many thousands and thousands of lines of code they have to work with. I spent a lot of time on FS9 and FSX and there was bugs in them too! Fligh sim softwares are prone to have bugs and crashes, especially with multiple add-ons and it requires the user to be computer savvy and having a basic understanding of testing and debugging.

The thing that bothers me is that everything was pretty stable before SU5 and now almost all areas of the sim can cause Freezes or CTD’s so trying to fix one issue can bring another one up if the code is unstable to begin with. My own conclusion is that the team was put under a lot of pressure meeting the deadline for the release on Xbox and they had to make a lot of changes to the code without having proper time for debugging and testing. We used to spend almost more time debugging and testing than writing the code while I was a software dev. For me, releasing a stable software for a customer was more important than making money off of it but for my managers, meeting the deadlines and making money was the priority. I don’t know how many long hours day or night I spent trying to meet the deadlines but the more I was overworked and stressed about it, the less my code was clean and bug free so I can just imagine what the devs are going through since SU5.

I hate people complaining and just tell Asobo they are the ones to blame for breaking the sim. Instead of complaining, try to use patience and understanding, I’m sure they are working hard to fix the issues. I was so proud when I could release a stable software, I’m sure that’s what the devs are striving for too. It’s a beautiful sim only 1 year old with so much potential, let’s give them the chance to fix it before giving up on them and labeling them as failures.

There’s also many ways to spend our time other than on flight sim. I’m not giving up on trying to find solutions on my end but I will not lose any sleep or my hairs trying to do so :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

same issue, freeze about 2/3 into loading screen. I have no add ons installed at all, just the premium deluxe, and the a320NX. Did all the updates, recently (after i had not played it for about 6 months) it reinstalled 70 gigs. It worked till yeterday. Now i’m unable to start a flight…so maybe this is not add on related but the issue could be elswhere ? I think I have about 50 flight hours and almost as many hours of downloading updates (seems like) …Not planning to reinstall or reinstall windows. Hope it gets fixed. I’ll check this thread from time to time.

i raised a ticket ID 121010

Thanks for the tip! It works, I was able to spawn at EDDF with online functionalities off and turn them back on at the gate.

Now I could try to narrow it down to which one of the online functionalities is causing the freeze.

Glad to hear that. Now we need to figure out why we cant spawn right from menu :confused:

Yeah I’m working the graveyard shift tonight so tomorrow morning I’ll try to turn them off one at a time and see which one is causing the issue.

Did that already. Online functionality set to ON, everything bellow to OFF. It would not start either.

1 Like

My MSFS install has been pretty much completely stable for a year - but yesterday started seeing super weird behaviour and I’m now regularly seeing the blue loading bar craaaawling to 100% then holding forever, or crashing to desktop when trying to load into a flight. There’s no rhyme or reason and I can’t reliably reproduce a successful load or a CTD based on the contents (or lack thereof) in my community folder.

I then started getting poor bandwidth & trouble connecting to server notifications in game (never seen that before, I’m on Fibre - network setup / firewalls etc are not the problem), and the only way I can reliably load a flight without a CTD is by disabling online services (multiplayer / photogrammetry etc).

Seeing poor load times of satellite imagery on the world map and also seeing some CTD in world map. It’s a shambles. Feels like issues with MS servers above anything else.