Sim incapable of injecting any clouds in Live Weather

:wave: Thank you using the Bug section, using templates provided will greatly help the team reproducing the issue and ease the process of fixing it.

Are you using Developer Mode or made changes in it?

No

Have you disabled/removed all your mods and addons?

Yes

Brief description of the issue:

No clouds in Live weather anywhere. I have winds and pressure - but no clouds appear anywhere

Provide Screenshot(s)/video(s) of the issue encountered:

Provide coordinates (DevMode > Options > Display position)

Provide time & date of the observed Weather issue

9:00am 11/30

Detailed steps to reproduce the issue encountered:

Start a flight in an area where its clearly raining or overcast - no clouds

PC specs and/or peripheral set up if relevant:

Build Version # when you first started experiencing this issue:

Current live version

:loudspeaker: For anyone who wants to contribute on this issue, Click on the button below to use this template:

Do you have the same issue if you follow the OP’s steps to reproduce it?

Provide extra information to complete the original description of the issue:

If relevant, provide additional screenshots/video:

No issues for myself in that regard, but just to be safe, go into your options and ensure the data / online options are all turned on.

Sometimes in updates they get turned off.

Been thru all that and more after reading all of the forums this am - nothing is working

Topic moved into #self-service:weather for community assistance.

Have you tried the search function? Multiple topics can be found on this issue. Search results for 'No clouds live weather' - Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums

I have suffered with this issue for quite some time - on average, I don’t have live weather clouds about 50% of the time.

However, whilst I thought the problem was associated with servers, I now think it is caused by addons in the Community Folder.

Please rename your Community Folder and create a new empty one and then check live weather clouds.

This worked for me.

I am now trying to work out which addon / addons are the cause.

Let me know how you get on.

Thanks…tried that as well (although I dont have that much in community anyways)…still no help atm

1 Like

Ok…I repaired my msfs in apps and features and the clouds are back. I was thinking of reinstalling but I am glad I didnt have to go that route.

3 Likes

Interesting, I hadn’t heard that one yet.

Glad you got it all back.

Actually I was a bit premature - its not 100% - sometime I load and I get clouds and sometime I load and I dont…still cant find the rhyme or reason to it yet.

1 Like

Haven’t worked any of these in my case. Only when i use vpn i have clouds. Wind and baro are always correct.

I should note that when I look at my metar its clearly not correct for the airport I am at. I am going to try accuweather again (I just loaded it up after not using it for awhile) and at least I have proper weather and clouds again…

Maybe something silly to check, but do you have flightsimulator.exe enabled in your Windows firewall settings ?

LOL and a OMG…I was playing around with firewall settings and thought about changing those yesterday (I actually have multiple flightsimulator.exe settings in MS firewall). I tried turning off the firewall just to try but that didnt do anything - turned back on. I was going to try what you suggested next and I changed and checked on the Private settings boxes on all of them and presto - I seem to have clouds (more specifically I have the metar from the local airport again). I have been fooled a bit the last day but I just went in 2 times and it was there.

This was clearly a change by Asobo/MS after the last patch - there is no way I changed that or set that in anyway…so yeah this wasnt something I did or changed and is on Asobo/MS in this case.

1 Like

Great that it works and let’s see if it is stable the next few days. FYI, I also had many flightsimulator.exe in that firewall list of applications, I just let one and deleted all the other ones. I think that when MSFS is updated to a new version it automatically add a new .exe file to the list but it is not mandatory to keep all of them.

1 Like

Ok guys I think I found (again) a workaround that works…
VPN is the solution, until Asobo fixes that… Now I have clouds.

2 Likes

OK, I would try the firewall workaround too. I can confirm, weather not matching Meteoblue at all.

No clouds for me still. Will confirm the firewall workaround.

Where are you located ?, Greek people have reported an issue with their ISP (internet service provider) Unable to load live weather
Live weather not available for Greek users

Since I adjusted my firewall settings I have not had any issues with clouds in the sim…I am not in greece so thats not an issue for me.

1 Like

My firewall has MSFS as an exception, but still clouds are not as per Meteoblue.

take a look at my post, this solved no clouds with live weather for me. Hope this helps.