Sim is suddenly performing superbly

I tried SD late last night and the skyline and trees were pretty bad. This was after flying out to Barstow and back.

I cleared my rolling cache and increased a few more settings. Unfortunately CTD when loading up at KSAN after I changed them. By that time I was too tired to continue testing. Will keep trying today. I do notice CTD happen when the game has to download too much at once. Used to happen to me on appr to KSEA

My Sand Diego from last night is above

It’s a b737 in Halloween gear… that’s how I play too… come on plane creators. Big opportunity here

My SD didn’t look good until I was pretty much 10 blocks away. And this was on approach speeds in the king air 350.

It’s too random. If they just pre downloaded everything in my flight plan pre flight, I would be fine with this too. Or some other type of cache, that is essentially the next closest thing to rendered.

Just for comparison, followed your route , settings at High End. Also a lot of the stutters for me disappear when Geforce Experience recording is stopped.

I think there are a lot more issues server side thatn we can really tell from our end. I think they’ve been experimenting trying to vary loads etc to see if they can achieve a good balance. There may also be differences in servers. Who knows. Agree it seems random - some have issues, some not. Hard to knwo if it is hardware, network, server etc. I think this is not helping Asobo get to the root of some of the issues

Looks good. Yes, do get the odd stutter as it is loading scenery, but it is much worse with the geforce recording. Your PG is good though - looks the same as mine. No melting at that altitude

I’m actually not gloating. Everyone is leaving no-stone-unturned from driver updates and tweaks, programs that magically enhance your computer, filming the game at different times in different locations looking for minute fluctuations in performance, trying to find a positive note. All of us, even me, want this game to improve in a myriad of ways. Unfortunately, it is not going to happen spontaneously.

Apply pressure to the developer to communicate, and keep important issues on the front-burner. That is the best way to try to get this title where we want it to go.

1 Like

I agree completely. 100% need more consistency.

One thing i know from flightsimulators is you have to find balance in the game /simulator, ask yerselfs some questions! what kind of flightplan and with what kind of plane fast or slow, what will i do vfr or ifr what kind of scenery do i need if i go fast some trees wil do fine but not to much bushes on the other hand in bush flight i dont need my building to be massive but fauna and water yes i will fly at nicht so the sun doen’t shine, why do i need lensflare or Bloom.these are suggestions, but think about it.
In which angle will i look at the sim, sometimes i fly Just on a small screen, tapping keys of the trim controls. From ouside view to the plane panning up and down without thinking about frames, i did this with evers sim i opend, and i loved it and still do. I dont really care, coz when flying around these programs record you on how you handle youre controls over the plane. It is there to enjoy perfection is the idle place different from person to person but try you might be suprissed. Enjoy the effect wind can have on youre plane and see what it does from the side while ad some flats or a decrease of throttle go on find that passion fs2004 is still my favoriete. When fsx came on the market it had its lacks and problems and internet was slow sometimes you had a fix and an acceleration expansion pack. I bought this ■■■■ on steam on discount last year, and goes what, it flies better with hypertrading of, Just youre plain 4 cores cpu. It is a simulator egt simulation work different than first person shooters or race games all close to the ground and not being able to look around the corner.
Anyway
there is the possibility to set up cache from scratch, if you dont setup rolling cache. Up to three levels to download up front i mean poi on high in between on middle and basic for large area’s. If you do this on you flightplan route than it might be nice and maybe stutter free.

Happy flyings

1 Like

Funny how some keep pushing the “communicate better” button but don’t even bother sending a support ticket. The same guy who spent an entire month spamming this forum with FUD, insults and blatant lies, later admitted to only have sent ONE support ticket. I mean, troll away, but that’s just selfish because other people are having real issues and not getting enough attention because of someone else’s personal vendetta against Asobo.

We need less childish behavior and more constructive feedback. Start by using the Zendesk and Bug & Issues subforum, that’s how things are ever going to improve.

7 Likes

OMG people been using zendesk and reporting bugs since before a year ago beta version .1

Sorry to say they claim to resolved those bugs and yet they are still present…

1 Like

No comment.

I would agree if you edit that to include the word else after the first word and will add that most user here have always been positive about the progress of the FS2020 development.

Partly agree but will add that trolling and impolite behaviour is not the way to make it happen.

I decline your offer to join you in the methods you have used to-date. I have read all your posts and fully agree with the post by CaptClarence125.
P.S The sim is performing superbly for me and is meeting my expectations (also in terms of progress) as a mature and logically thinking adult with patience and business experience.

1 Like

Hey babe. I’m sad that you don’t want to join me. That’s alright though, I suspect we’ll end up in the same place. :slight_smile:

We either have opposite expectations or opposite experiences in the simulator. My experience hasn’t been superb. I am glad that yours has been though.

I’m having a great time here. I’ve muted FishDude (too many reasons to go into) and now I have great fun trying to work out what he said based on your responses. It’s hilarious!

So sorry that your experience has not been superb but I am sure that you will benefit from the constructive efforts of others and will fix your PC/Internet problems sooner or later.
Have you thought of claiming in every thread that Aboso fixed something on the servers but wanted to do it secretly because they did not want to admit they were only forced to do because of the behaviour on your part and a few other users. Now wouldn’t that be a feather in your hat for your campaign. Might help you get some followers to force further improvements. Good luck with that.

P.S: Have you checked your expectations from your Internet provider. You might be getting some throttling?

I very much look forward to the forthcoming improvements thanks to the hard work of people other than myself - namely Asobo.

This isn’t Facebook.

Fortunately posting on the forum a lot doesn’t use too much data. My internet connection is basically from a ball of yarn so it could certainly have an impact!

I am only trying to help him, for example, because my kids are all grown up and left home a long time ago. However, I do help out in the kindergarten sometimes.

1 Like

Well, at least you seem to have identified your first problem. Have you installed the sim at all. Won’t work without doing that.

I tried it at noon today with a good and a bad experience. Yes, I also increased the LOD to 200 and set everything a little higher because I only have a GTX1080 but it went better after the increase than before the increase. But afterwards I have CTD, s had everything set again as before with the result that it still runs smoothly but still has CTD’s after about 5-10 minutes of flight time. I’ve never had that before in the Alpha period either! So I am of the opinion that something is different than yesterday morning CET