Sim kind of stuck, AFTER loading a flight, CPU load 100%

Hi there!
First of all, I´m pretty aware of the fact, that my CPU is not really suited anymore for this kind of task. But I´dl like to have a confirmation, that this is really the cause for my issues, before I may think about a hardware upgrade.
So, here´s my problem:
The sim loads flawlessly, until the “fly now” button comes up. It doesn´t matter if I click it right away and end up in the cockpit, or if I do nothing at all and watch the sequence that shows my plane on the holding point. The CPU load goes up to 99-100%, GPU load is as low as 0-5%. FPS go down to 1-5 fps, and the whole sim becomes more or less unresponsive for a minute or so. After that, CPU load decreases (80-95%), GPU load reaches normal levels (35-85%), and the sim becomes pretty fluid and flyable, with FPS figures between 15 and 55, depending on the scenery, the weather, etc.
Same happens, when I change weather conditions after the flight has been loaded.
What is causing this behaviour?
My specs:
i5 3570k @ 4.3 GHz
16 GB CL9 RAM
GTX 1070 8GB
Win 10 on 512 GB SSD
MSFS on 512 GB SSD
50 Mbit stable Internet connection (rolling chache @ 25 GB)

Upon installation, the program set the sim´s settings to “high”. I´ve manually changed some settings back to “medium”, resolution is 1080.

Thx a lot in advance for your input!

1 Like

Caused by CPU bottleneck when generating scenery.

ok. Thanks for confirmation.
I have not too much money to spend on a hardware upgrade, right now.
Would replacing the i5 3570k (4 virtual cores) with a i7 3770k (8 virtual cores) bring an improvement?

i noticed a huge difference going from an i5 6600 to an overclocked i7 6700

as you can see from the following chart from a ryzen 7 3700x, there is in fact a difference to both rough core utilization and average framerates.

1 Like

Thx a lot for your answer.
An used i7 3770k is pretty affordable these days (around $150), so I really might consider buying one as an interim upgrade.