LOD problems - Trees & Water

As far as the waves go, all I can offer is two screenshots, pre and post patch flying the same aircraft, same High End settings , same location and same Storm preset. First shot is pre patch, 2nd is post patch. I’ll just add that the weather conditions in the first shot were the same in the 2nd right behind the aircraft so was just a break in the weather ! 3rd shot post patch

2 Likes

I mean the settings in the Nvidia Control Panel(Systemsteuerung). There you can either let the application decide, what settings to apply, or you can apply manual setting, eg. Performance, balanced or quality.

Unfortunately I have a severe impact at the performance of flight simulator after the new update. Before the new patch I have had about 30 FPS with all sliders at maximum and with 4k resolution on my 62 inch display. I was very happy and enjoyed the new flight simulator. After the installation of the new update I have seriously a massive impact of FPS even if I set the main slider at medium. At the other side the simulation needs noticeably more time to load a scenery. If I set the slider for “rendering scaling” from 200 to 100 and with “clear sky” I get playable FPS under 30, but the game does not look as good as before. If I set the slider for renderin scaling above 140-150 I get FPS down to 10 and the game is not playable more. And if I run the simulation at rendring scaling 100 with cloudy sky I have again FPS down to 10. If I change the rendering scaling during a flight then the simulation crashes.

My PC specification

CPU AMD Rayzen 7 3700x

GPU ASUS ROG Strix Nvidia RTX 2080S 8GB

RAM 32GB/3200 Corsair Venegeance

Hard SSD PCIe 4.0 x4 Corsair Force Series MP600

Windows 10 Home

I guess what he is asking is which specific setting(s) in the Nvidia CP you set to Quality? All of them?

I live here and fly out of KISP regularly. Try the network fixes in this thread for the xbox client in Windows. I’m not really having problems with streaming scenery or Long Island specifically. The night lighting is another story though. Long Island is actually one of the few places Im not experiencing LOD issues with, now Bridgeport, CT just North over the sound is another story.

For those who will still argue that there has been no change in Tree LOD, here you go, pre-pacth - post-patch comparison

detail

It looks horrible, very unnatural as a whole
And i suspect they did something with lighting/shaders too. It just feels different, not only because of trees. But maybe its only me

6 Likes

Just downloaded the patch and flew over Miami with the 152.
Not only it looks way worse, I’m getting 15-20 fps as opposed to the 35-40 I used to on high-end.

I have an i7, RTX2080 Super, 32Gb RAM.

This is inexplicable.

And I downloaded the Nvidia updated driver yesterday.

Help?

2 Likes

There no going back and no fixing this junk it’s broke.

Asobo laughing at us!

Every program on my 9900k runs flawlessly and correctly.

Only two programs bugged galore, windows ten and msfs2020.

Microsoft controls both of those products updates and patches that usually break everything after being forced to update…

1 Like

the top pic looks amazing

1 Like

They should roll it back and then work for real on the patch.

1 Like

Delete the game, go to Mac, and stop posting.

7 Likes

This could be a result of less aggressive caching and your connection to the servers is not fast enough to load things as quickly as the game is expecting. They probably need to tune the numbers or auto tune as it goes. But I’d guess they already do that…

2 Likes

It’s not only you.
Just flew over Miami and water and terrain, especially water, look horrible.
The water looks like a 5-year old drew it.
And on top of that I got a 20fps drop on my brand new high-end hardware.

Absolutely, I did test that and limited the bandwidth on my router, which resulted in some extreme pop-ins. I don’t get that when my connection is stable – and it normally is.

It’s also worth checking the Xbox Networking status, you want NAT type to be Open.

I already had it set to maximum performance before the patch and now I got a 20fps drop on top of a dramatically worsened drop in quality.
Something doesn’t add up.

I will delete the game, I will enjoy my 9900k in software that works and I will keep posting and agreeing with the majority asobo broke more things by trying to fix barely anything.

Thank you

3 Likes

How ?
I tried many settings, I have it Moderate
Could you please have a look here ? My last post

You’re not delusional. I just made my first few flights after fighting for days to get the upgrade to download complete.

All settings Ultra, the graphics are much reduced. Easy to see if you fly over the Outer Banks in NC. The foam from the ocean waves is gone. Jocky’s Ridge is green instead of sand. It is quite a downgrade.

I want the old version back!

2 Likes

I agree.
The old version had its problems, but graphics wasn’t one (looked amazing) and I finally found optimal settings on my machine.
Now I got a 20fps drop and horrible graphics.

1 Like

Graphics are worse , colors have somehow changed ( all looks dead ) , now i have stuttering , freelook is much more sensitive ( fast moving ) , and the worst thing for me is that the clouds look now like a cartoon drawing . Absolutely not happy with this patch , too bad i can’t roll back… and i forgot the water… try the Nice landing challenge ( the rendering is terrible at low altitude)

3 Likes