Sim Not Loading Community Add Ons

Since the England update, the sim has not been loading anything from the Community folder. This includes aircraft skins, and sceneries.

Everything has been unarchived correctly, I have even tried to install using the MSFS Addon Linker. Even with this app, the app is showing no errors, it appear to install add ons just fine, but they simply don’t work in the sim.

Has anybody else experienced this?

Many thanks,

Steve.

same here…

Hi!
Depending on if you have the MS Store version or Steam and if you chose a custom location will determine where the Community folder is.

Copy and paste the appropriate folder location into the File Explorer address bar.

Windows Store install:
%LOCALAPPDATA%\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalCache\Packages\

Steam install:
%APPDATA%\Microsoft Flight Simulator\Packages\

Boxed version install:
%LOCALAPPDATA%\MSFSPackages\Community

Custom install:
If you happened to use a custom location for your Flight Simulator installation, then locate the custom folder and look for the Community folder there.

This is not as simple as it sounds guys.

Steve is a friend of my, I took a look at this issue for him. Went as far as creating directories etc, and downloading and testing content. Still no joy in getting anything to run.

Steve had previously had several issues downloading the sim; it took him over a week to finally get everything downloaded. The last thing that I tried this morning was to take a look at his UserCFG file. There were some interesting results.

The path to the sim was somewhat convoluted. I can’t recall the exact path now, because I was speaking with Steve on the phone about this at midnight, so I was tired. But what I did do was got Steve to change the InstalledPackagesPath to where the sim was correctly located, in Steve’s case this was:

D:“Crash Simulator” (lol). Once that was saved the sim was restarted, and wanted to download an additional 45Gb of data, which Steve is allowing it to do. STEAM version of the sim by the way.

I’m lost as to how some of the original install paths could have become so long, and strange. I suspect that it’s because the sim may have had several attempts at setup. I’m hoping that this final download may get things working, but I would love to hear some other opinions.

Thanks,

Andrew.

Has since been resolved since the sim updated. Please close this topic.

Thanks,

Andrew.