Sim on PC Stutters - Related to 4K Resolution?

Hi bros

I need help, i was playing the sim on xsx but made a decision to go back and play it on my gaming laptop hooked up to my LG C1

Am experiencing weird stuttering in big airports while am on the ground or runway such as Chicago O’hare

When am off the ground the stutter goes away and it becomes much smoother

Tried altering many graphical settings but to no avail, BTW am setting the resolution to 4K but am not sure if its my RIG that can’t handle it since the stutter

Need your help please

My current specs are

MSI GE75 8sf

Intel Core I7-8750H CPU 2.20GHz
RTX 2070 8GB
16GB RAM
1.5TB SSD

Lower texture/shadow quality, lower terrain level of detail, turn off photogrammetry, are some options. There are many topics related to this poor performance on the ground and stuttering issues.

Try using the high end preset then lower the render scale to see how it goes. I am running the sim on a desktop 2060super on 1440p ultrawide and trust me the experience is not great while I am on the ground at big airports.

The sim stutters on the ground anyway since SU9, but, judging by your CPU is a 8750H which means a mobile one, which I also assume that 2070 is also a mobile one, which is more like a 2060 desktop, we can just about get good frames with a 12900k and a 3090ti at 4k, so… don’t try and do 4k (unless you don’t care about frames) with that hardware, put the resolution scale down to something sensible, like 50%.

I see, do you suggest i just go back to my xbox series x then?, at least xbox plays it art 4K but i will be losing a ton of quality compared to the PC version

I suggest just using which ever one brings you enjoyment and no hassle (although looking on forums xbox has serious issues). First thing I would do it open dev tools on the PC version and see what you are limited by, go from there.

well, try to lower the Render-Resolution setting, therefore it exist :slight_smile:

Because stutters in general… reduce the tLOD setting and do test-cases with that ( 50 … 100 ) . Some users report stutters if they use the Photogrammetry. May be try to disable…

Title edited and expanded as it was unclear what this topic is about. A good Title can help drive answers.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.