SIM rate falls back from 4x to 2x by itself

I’m using FBW’s A32NX aircraft (stable version) and every time I speed up the SIM rate from 2x to 4x it falls back to 2x by itself within a few seconds. Is there something limiting the rate maybe?

You’ll have to try and find it on here but there is a coding or something you can easily do (I’m computer illiterate as f… But I managed to do it) which allows you to speed her up to 4x but for some reason, all the A320s outside of the default and the A330neo aren’t simrate friendly for some od reason and tend to go crazy… Hence they are all limited…
2x takes the edge off in the Fenix but 4x just really helps a lot…

Yup… There are the purist that would be sharpening their pitchforks but man… I’m not a real world pilot… I’m not being paid 80,000 a year to perform a 5 hour flight…
I want to replicate various flights I’ve done I.e tenerife to Glasgow but flip… I’m not keen on 4 1/2 hours glazing over screens and looking at the blue sea…
The pmdg at 4x and short 8x bursts allows me to do that in an hour or so and still get the satisfaction of reliving memories…

1 Like

Thanks for this. I’m pretty good at coding so now knowing what to look for I’ll try to sort it

For me TO and landing are everything … so I would like to reduce time in the middle: 4 times would really help :blush:

The go-to function is a disaster as it changes most of the settings you had before moving on. I guess it doesn’t (can’t) do a super fast simulation to work out what the parameters should be further down the track

Thanks again :blush:

Researching further it seems that fbw A32NX requires 17 fps to simulate properly:

https://www.avsim.com/forums/topic/636049-fbw-simrate-limited/

Since I’m getting 35-50 fps, I’ll probably have to live with 2x, which is at least some time saving.

I’ll have to keep looking for short hops. One of my favourites is Munich to Innsbruck, which is quite a beautiful and challenging landing :blush: