Sim runs at high FPS until aircraft starts ground roll. Degrades to unplayable slideshow

:wave: Thank you using the Bug section, using templates provided will greatly help the team reproducing the issue and ease the process of fixing it.

Are you using Developer Mode or made changes in it?

Yes but only after the issue

Brief description of the issue:

CPU will have a 2-6ms response time and then spike into the 100’s when loading. Then when on the ground roll, it alllll goes to hell. Several seconds per frame…that’s right. See attached video.

Detailed steps to reproduce the issue encountered:

Just load in, any airport any aircraft.

PC specs and/or peripheral set up if relevant:

3080ti and ryzen 9 3950x with 32 gigs of ram

Build Version # when you first started experiencing this issue:

:loudspeaker: For anyone who wants to contribute on this issue, Click on the button below to use this template:

Do you have the same issue if you follow the OP’s steps to reproduce it?

Provide extra information to complete the original description of the issue:

If relevant, provide additional screenshots/video:

No

Screenshot of your graphics settings?

The game developers are not going to be able to reproduce this with the information provided. I’m almost certain of it (because they are unable to reproduce most performance issues reported on this forum).

1 Like

Hey @InfmsAviator I just did a flight tonight in the PMDG 737 from two of NZASimulation airports and did not notice this issue. Do you think we can talk through your settings? It looks like possibly your LODs might be very high as the main thread is spiking between yellow and red?

There may also be other Windows settings that you might need to tweak.

The good news is that with your setup you’ll have a very smooth buttery sim experience, we just need to work on it some to get you dialed in.

I have the same issue but not as significant as you. However, panning the camera in the external is the same stuttery mess.
May I ask which airport this is?

2 Likes

I just did a quick circuit at KBTV, and didn’t notice any massive frame drops. I went from 60 into the low 40’s at worst, even when I was thrashing my view about in the external camera.

If you move the camera very slowly as you orbit, which I would imagine is far easier with a controller joystick than with a mouse, you see no frame dips whatsoever. If you do it quickly you do get the dips. Which leads me to believe the so-called scenery pre-caching isn’t actually working properly, as it did before SU5, even when set to Ultra.

exact same issue

flying with any aircraft , touch ground for a moment and cpu starts to build up and becaomes a stutter mess

same as above

i want to ad that i first noticed it with h135 when grinding the runway on purpose.
game started to stutter a lot more.
I then restarted Vr headset but did not fix it, had to restart game too.

Horrible, nobody can play like that :weary:

1 Like

Yes

Massive stutters anywhere on the ground

Yes

FPS is starting to drop during landing at 100-200ft above ground. On ground FPS is terrible. After takeoff at 100-200ft above ground FPS is better. Above 200ft from ground there is no FPS issues. I tested this issue also on smaller airport CED3 and results are similar.