Sim speed?

Good morning all,I am perplexed as to why my sim starts flying at a increased rate for entire flight, without me doing anything? Open to suggestions…thx

The truth is that I don’t know why it could be.
But you could try to look in the developer menu in case you have given some option without realizing it.

Check de bindings for sim rate +/-?

Perhaps there should be a display that reads “Sim Rate +25%” or whatever it’s set to. Maybe have it placed up in the corner of the monitor. That way the player would know if the Sim Rate has somehow been changed.

1 Like

What like there was in FSX … Thats crazy talk! ;p

2 Likes

I never new that was an option in FSX, as I never used it.
And here I thought I had an original idea. :rofl:

There exists a wishlist thread for having an on-screen display of the sim rate, you might want to check out existing discussion:

I have not used it, but there is an add-on which includes such a display:

4 Likes

Thanks. Voted. :+1:

1 Like

That just happened to me last night. Never had that happen before.

Almost every new “Option or Enhancement” that we ask for increases the demand on either the CPU or GPU. One day, we will need a true Quantum based computer to run this darn thing.

Yeah it displayed sim speed / window zoom and I think there was something else in there as well. Just like real multi monitor support it got lost in the translation.

1 Like

Sim Rate isn’t calculated, it’s set by the user, and the GPU impact for rendering a bit of text (not even in 2D space, just as an overlay) is negligible.

1 Like

You are correct and I should have said “option or enhancement” as in needing to generate and show distance of multiplayers or more distinct and realistic clouds or in sim chat or and the list goes on and on with simers wanting the simulation to do more and more with every computing second.

The GPU and CPU impact for rendering a bit of text (not even in 2D space, just as an overlay) is negligible.

You can easily try how much FPS you gain by closing the ATC window. The answer is “none”.

1 Like

Once again I agree with you, however, the computing power in your referenced instance would not be negligible when computing the values and displaying the “texts” of the constantly changing distance of 15 or more multiplayers aircraft flying around within 50 to 100 mile radius of your location. That is an added change to the wonderful sim which would require an additional computing load that could be measured.

And there is no point to continuing a discussion that is not really helping anyone else. I’ll just go fly the simulation since I now have a couple of free hours. Happy Flying.

One - yes, it would. Two - that’s not what this thread is about.

“A different thing than that which you are suggesting would be bad for performance” is not exactly a salient argument.

This… is a great find. Thanks!

It’s struck me as ridiculous since MSFS launched that there’s no sim rate display. Some 3rd party aircraft include it, but for most you have count and remember the number of clicks used, and look at a clock with a seconds display to try and figure it out if you get confused.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.