Sim stuck loading with Maddog-X installed

:wave: Thank you using the Bug section, using templates provided will greatly help the team reproducing the issue and ease the process of fixing it.

Are you using Developer Mode or made changes in it?

no

Brief description of the issue:

With the MD-80 installed, the Sim is stuck loading.

Provide Screenshot(s)/video(s) of the issue encountered:

Detailed steps to reproduce the issue encountered:

MD-80 installed: Sim not loading
MD-80 uninstalled: Sim loading fine

PC specs and/or peripheral set up if relevant:

Build Version # when you first started experiencing this issue:

latest version

:loudspeaker: For anyone who wants to contribute on this issue, Click on the button below to use this template:

Do you have the same issue if you follow the OP’s steps to reproduce it?

Provide extra information to complete the original description of the issue:

If relevant, provide additional screenshots/video:

Moved to #third-party-addon-discussion:aircraft as MD-80 is not a stock aircraft. If you’re experiencing problems with this plane loading, please contact the manufacturer directly.

First load of MD-82 you should wait 10-30 mins

1 Like

does it say this anywhere?

I’m trying to get the complicated maddog x install to load, but the sim never loads. i have no other files in the community.

i don’t see any install instructions in the manuals either. i’m a little confused as there are 2 maddog folders it looks like: lsh-maddogx-aircraft and lsh-maddogx-fx which is different from every other plane i own. i wonder if this is messing up the load.

also theres a whole separate program called a “load manager” that isn’t really explained if it’s needed as well or not

anyone else have install/load issues with this bird?

update: finally got it to load. took over a half hour. i have both the bae-146 and 737 and neither of those took even half as long. smh

Just means there’s more custom code in the MD-82 getting recompiled :man_shrugging:

Aircraft won’t load. I haven’t flown the md in almost 10 days. uninstalled via windows control panel and re-downloaded via sim market. The mad dog simply won’t load. Tried all three liveries. At gate. On runway. Various airports…changed graphics settings. Checked computer updates/Wi-Fi connection. Anybody also experiencing this?

…first load after a sim update forces a re-compile of custom airplane code; it could take up to 30-mins…

1 Like

My computer is running at almost 100% while loading. I am not sure how comfortable I feel letting it load for 30 mins. There appear to be programs timing-out (from observing the task manager)

…you should kill the process and never fly it again if you are so uncomfortable; sheesh!

2 Likes

It’s in the manual that this will happen. You’ve gotta let it compile everything the first time. See this thread for more information: Leonardo MD80 taking forever to load - Third Party Addon Discussion / Aircraft - Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums

Also see this thread: Sim stuck loading with Maddog-X installed - Third Party Addon Discussion / Aircraft - Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums

There are other threads as well, most of which have been merged into one of the above 2.

Apparently, it happens with others like the BAe-146 and 737, even the A32NX by FBW for some people. It’s not something Leonardo did, it’s just how MSFS works by recompiling code for whatever reason.

Yet Fenix has almost no loading times… they really need to disclose how they did that.

bad advice :-1:t4:

2/10 would not recommend

2 Likes

Do you have the same issue if you follow the OP’s steps to reproduce it?

Yes

Provide extra information to complete the original description of the issue:

I never had this happen ever

If relevant, provide additional screenshots/video: