Sim Update 3 [03.09.2021]

Oh, no :anguished:
I have mine set to Julian

The “corporate” update day for Microsoft is Tuesday. Every Sys Admin I know dreads Tuesday…

1 Like

MS’s infamous “Patch Tuesday”.

Until the delays in the last patches, MSFS was just like main MS software and many other big brands like Adobe - updates drop on the 4th Tuesday of the month. Early on when we had bi-weekly updates, it was the 2nd and 4th Tuesday.

I still don’t get all this confusion and arguing people do about which date the udpate is scheduled for. It’s been almost 7 months since launch. Outside of some recent delayed patches, it’s always been scheduled on Tuesday. It’s clearly posted in the Dev Roadmap. Although in fairness, this month’s Web-friendly version of the roadmap is wrong.

Yet every update week, people are bickering back and forth about whether it’ll be on Tuesday or Thursday, with the Thursday crowd always convinced they’re right, but always wrong. lol

1 Like

I am confident the patch is coming today as planned. Some devs already got the preview build and they have confirmed this morning on twitter.

8 minutes until sim update

Patch seems to be up. Getting a 1.03 GB download in Windows Store.

And the patchnotes are in: [RELEASE] Release Notes (1.14.5.0) Sim Update III Now Available!

Downloading now! Woohoo!

301MB from Steam. Funny to see that the Steam update to the launcher is always 3 times smaller :slight_smile:

7.97GB from the Sim.

Let the music play !!

Yeah! It’s here!

It’s downloading. MS Store is 1.03GB let’s see what that equals in the game. And I’m downloading pretty slow.

1 Like

And reverb G2 as well as mixed reality portal available download :heart_eyes:

1 Like

Do we have release notes?

9GB to download

Known Issue - “Throttle mapping reversed for the Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog”?

I’m glad I saw that before trying to take off. :slight_smile:

7.97GB update in-game.

Looks like a lot of stuff was fixed! Thanks team!

Bah nothing decent for 787 I mainly do mid to long haul simming I’m not going back to those old clunky sims.

4 Likes

The update isn’t downloading previously deleted content. That’s great. :+1:
Only 1GB store plus 4GB in game update for me :slight_smile:

The update has been released. Please use the official topic to further discuss about the update.