Sim Update 3 has broken the most essential : mod Vegetation Draw Distance Fix! Please fix that!

Interesting, does it use some different way to increase the tree draw distance? How does it compare to the free mods?

4 Season pack dont work any more for me ā€¦ distance is much smale than before! The whole world have now a radius you see growing the details :frowning:

Ultra Settings aktivated.

What season are you using? and what area? have you updated to version 4?

ā€œSummerā€ - and yes, i update to version 4 (Single_Seasons_Bijan_V4.0.zip)

EDIT:
It not only affects the tree-lod, but all details in the world are only high in a certain radius and extremely visibly reduced behind it. Particularly visible if you look against the direction of flight - then trees, houses and other details disappear.

Iā€™m not using your Seasons Pack, I was referring to the Mod from Flightsim.to that was stated by the OP/Post under the OP. Would be interesting what other Values you touch to prevent the higher distance trees from ā€œpopping and appearing in squaresā€

Iā€™m afraid itā€™s not a question of sim settings or files, but a global server setting due to the Bing data downloads being updated and saved.

I just did a quick test for summer season over Los Angeles. Is this the same results you see:

I donā€™t know what values the other mods used.

Yes Iā€™d too say so, as the terrain lod itself degrades massively in a certain radius, which is not really getting bigger beyond LOD 2.0000 anymore, so 6.0000 does not make a great difference anymore.

@bijanstudio it raises the max size values up to 100 in the asobo-species.xml (depending on species type). I had trees to the horizon @1000ft above flatland with max zoomlevel.

The fix still provides a drastic increase of trees radius above the standart settings, but not ā€œto the horizonā€ anymore. Doubt your mod could do that, as Iā€™m afraid asobo did not touch their .xmls with SU3, so it has to be hardcoded somewhere client- or even serverside

1 Like

This, the xml has not been updated since release judging by the modification date, so has to be hardcoded somewhere.

Probably the next sacrifice on the xbox altar :thinking:

I bought the 4seasonpack anyway right now. Good luck in fighting against the castration process.

1 Like

I am doing similar but not exact values. I am testing and I still see tree LOD same as before:

Is there any popping?

I will do a video and test more and post it to see if there is ay popping. I havenā€™t noticed any so far.

Try around Lake Como, one of the places where it shows up easily:

46.04163, 9.25976

Its hard to tell by a 1920x1080 if yours can extend the trees further than the veg.fix, but as i said i donā€™t think it can as something is limiting the range/amount. Before SU3 i had trees up to the highest mountain in LOWI direct line from RWY26, now it canā€™t do it anymore no regard what size settings are chosen in the .xml

This is after update. Watch this new video. I zoomed in in distance mountains and I still see trees over 10 miles away. I am still investigating why my mod works and other mods donā€™t work.

I will test Lake Como and LOWI next.

Vegetation Draw distance is SO IMPORTANT!.. its horrible to see vegetation just few meters away and threes just appearing magically when you fly.

I hope the mod or ASOBO fix this issue because yesterday I made a flight after the update and vegetation looks HORRIBLE!!! :rage:

I really love MSFS 2020 but Im getting tired after every update, some things are fixed and another totally distroyed and its like that every single update.

2 Likes

For Example before and after the update with same settings. You realy see the lower radius of detail (and Trees):

Before

After

1 Like

Your productā€™s Tree distance LOD has always been much less than the other Tree LOD mods. My guess is if you show a video from a higher altitude this LOD ring will be visible. The video you posted is at a low altitude so the issue will not be as obvious,