Sim Update 4

Guys, when is the sim update 4 coming out? Sorry for the repeat question if it has been answered already somewhere!

Today, not ETA yet

1 Like

That could mean anything.

ie If its only Crash Event logs submitted to Zendesk, GOOD LUCK !!

Now if they are doing, or going to do what the hinted at in one of the Q&As, automating the Crash reporting back to Microsoft, (like other MS products do), then there should be a lot more hope of a satisfactory and timely resolution.

I obviously have no idea ā€“ way beyond my pay grade - so i am just left with FAITH, that MS & Asobo will get it right one day soon.

1 Like

Why good luck?
If they say they are working on this, they obviously look at the crash logs from any source.

Anyway, pointless discussion - letā€™s wait for results. Some people complain all the time while I havenā€™t had a single CTD ever that wasnā€™t caused by a s***y addon, or the overclock I was used to.

Isnā€™t Resizable BAR only applicable for RTX 30 series cards?

Because an Event log, only tell you what issue cause the crash, not where specifically what lines of the code caused the ā€œunhandled Errorā€

Thatā€™s why i said ā€œspecificallyā€ GOOD LUCK if you think that Submitting Crash Events is going to help ZenDesk or add very much to a post in the forum.

100%:bangbang:

Imagine if that was the mantra at Microsoft and the marching orders given to Asobo. Intense focus on stability and functionality come first!

Hey, a guy can dream, right?:blush:

2 Likes

I guess we will know a lot more in a few Hours when we see the Change Log, and then what has really changed when we run the SIM ā€“

2 Likes

when it comes to actual experiencing the sim, the changelogs never really helped, for example there never was a mention of any LOD or vegetation/drawdistance changes! (only in the last few patches, where they tried to correct said unmentioned changes)
i hope so much they donā€™t mess it up again.

But they are somewhat of interest, if only to give, in Very Brief Detail, what Asobo thinks are important new changes they have completed.

2021 Change Logs

Amen and Amen to that I pray Lord help us ā€¦

For those who are having CTD, try to enable Windows virtual memory. In my case, for some reason, even though I had enough RAM for the game, after enabling virtual memory, I never had a CTD again.

Do you mean you disabled it at some point? Itā€™s on by default.

1 Like

What time is it dropping? Very excited to see whatā€™s broken with this new update!

1 Like

it should be between 3 to 5 hours

around 15z-16z usually iirc

1 Like

If Iā€™m going by the previous couple Sim Updates, Iā€™m not expecting a lot. The last two have beenā€¦ underwhelming. Not disappointing, just underwhelming. World Updates seem to being new graphic features, but Sim Updates have mostly just been bug fixes, with very few new features or enhancements. That said, Iā€™d love to be surprised.

2 Likes

But todayā€™s update is supposed to bring better/fixed turboprop logic. That alone is worth the update

1 Like

Azure, Alkamai, etc are distributed networks, Europeans donā€™t download from US based servers and vice-versa.

1 Like

Those are just as important, if not more so than new features. I look forward to seeing old features working properly.

2 Likes

Yeah but the problem is they fix one thing and break two othersā€¦

5 Likes