Sim Update 4

Before Christmas I hadn’t had a single CTD. I read the problems others were having and I used to smile. Then I got infected with the issue. I used to try every suggested fix doing the rounds. Eventually something worked, I turned off AI traffic and voila! No more CTDs. Then about a month ago the CTDs began reappearing for me. ATM I would estimate about 1 in 5 flights ends in a CTD for me. This means I am back to “dabbling” in the sim. There is no point for me in continuing with any career mode if I end up losing time sensitive contracts due to disconnects on approach, an hour or so after takeoff. It becomes all too frustrating.

To all those people, currently unaffected, proudly proclaiming the CTDs must be down to our hardware or an issue with our setups I would say they need to keep their fingers crossed as it will eventually happen to them, and probably for no good reason. We won’t judge, as we realise the ghosts in the machine have no rhyme or reason as to their targets. CTDs are real, and the vast majority will be down to something in the sim.

Personally I think that MS/Asobo need to incorporate cash report dumps being automatically generated rather than relying on Zendesk bug reports which may or may not be that accurate. I fear the reason they do not however is that they realise their servers may well be overwhelmed by their number.

If CTDs are brought under control by this update then I for one will be a mighty happy little dude as I will be able to start flying more confidently.

7 Likes

Did that involve playing for a length of time without any community mods installed? If so, how many flights did you try in that configuration?

I’m not downplaying the importance of bug fixes, stability is the most important thing. Sim Updates are supposed to be about more than that though. There’s only a few things I want: The logbook to not pop up. The ability to replay. The ability to input airways. Autosave. Animated doors on default aircraft, which was accomplished with the TBM mod, but no others.

That’s it. I’m content with how the sim is, I’d just like to see it grow.

2 Likes

Any sign of getting our distant trees back? I worry they are going to add a vegetation slider, and the top limit will be the rubbish we have now.

2 Likes

I have a dream.
A big dream.

That we have in the next SU 4 patch a study level G1000 and G3000.

Zzzzzzz

1 Like

Computers work on absolutes, if nothing changes then nothing changes. Something changes when a system goes from being stable to unstable. You just have to figure out what changed and then change it back. Instability is not something that any one user is going to catch.

2 Likes

Is there any update being released today?

There should be, yes.

ok do u know at what time more or less?

In around 3-6 hours probably.

1 Like

ok thank u. just asked bc I wanted to fly later
:slight_smile:

1 Like

Further improvement and stability, Hopefully fixes for the AP side of things especially for the tubeliners. and improvement in flight characteristics 787, 747, no more floaty, floaty.

nice dream…but this year the g1000 will be improved by workingtitle (company works for Asosbo now).so eventually…

I don’t know about anyone else but I’m starting to stock up on popcorn for these updates. It’s always a great show!

1 Like

Same here!!!

1 Like

Well, it’s kind of irrelevant as at the time the AI traffic fix worked whereas others didn’t. But to answer your question I had zero content in the community folder apart from my Navigraph dataset.

As for playing for any length of time? I would suggest to you that if every time you took a flight it ended in a CTD it kind of stifles any urge to keep going as it tends to follow the definition of insanity.

1 Like

Good luck with that… I jest of course, I’m sure everything will be just fine. :upside_down_face:

I don’t think it’s worth hoping for anything that’s not mentioned in the latest development update:

So probably no operning doors, no thermals, etc. Maybe performance updates and fewer CTDs.

Perhaps, but if you don’t follow every avenue of investigation, how do you know the problems you have are not self inflicted. I found the cause of my crashes was a particular addon, and found a workaround for that. I now don’t get crashes any more. I flew for about a month without those mods, and didn’t get a single crash.

1 Like