Sim Update 5 performance before and after

yeah i’m on steam

The update is using more CPU cores than in SU4 :joy:

1 Like

As immersive as a full cockpit must be, there’s still a 2D screen that you’re looking at. I was never good at air-to-air refuelling in the military sim until I started flying in VR. The depth perception is key.

1 Like

Update is on steam. In game updating at 250 Mbit in Texas.

I highly highly highly encourage all of you new to SU5 to read the patch notes, specifically this major change. Just revert it back to Legacy if you’re used to the way things were before SU5.

Cockpit interactions

Added the new “Lock” interaction system:

• Set active by default but can be reverted to “Legacy” in Options / General Options / Accessibility.
  • Tooltips are now displaying the instrument name, instrument values, and controls (dynamic depending of the device in use)
  • Using the cursor or the camera center pointer, you can highlight any interactive cockpit instrument.
  • Once highlighted, you can interact with the instrument:
    • If the instrument is simple (buttons, 2 positions switches), tapping Xbox Controller A or Mouse left button will interact with it.
      If the instrument is complex (knobs, levers…), tapping Xbox Controller A or holding Mouse left button will lock on it.
    • Once locked on an instrument, you can:
      • Use primary (Xbox Controller A/ Mouse left button), secondary (Xbox Controller X/ Mouse right button) or tertiary (Xbox Controller Y/ Mouse middle button) interactions.
      • Increase/ decrease the instrument (Xbox Controller LT/ RT or Mouse wheel)
      • Use gestures (Xbox Controller left stick or Mouse movements)
      • Unlock the instrument (Xbox Controller B or release Mouse left button)
3 Likes

Yes, 100% agreed. Make sure to change it back to Legacy otherwise you’ll be very confused by what’s happening!

1 Like

OK happening now!! :slight_smile:

Germany, Steam, downloading 40,29 GB @15 mbits/s…

Yeah that’s the main thing. It’s better with steroscopic projection but you still can’t beat the immersion of VR. I do know for some people that’s not the be-all and end all but for me it’s the ticket

1 Like

16gb does. It loads very fast, I hope that it continues like this and no server problems arise.

From Portugal, Steam

1 Like

Btw, I advise you avoid plugging in any USB devices whilst it’s updating :upside_down_face:

It crashes the installer.

3 Likes

Wow! This sounds great. Perfect for VR where it was really annoying when the mouse jumped off a dial when you moved your head away.

1 Like

I got the message to visit the store, no update showed in the store, the sim shut itself down… Now when I try and run the game it goes past checking for updates, tries to load again, with a new splash screen (remember, I haven’t knowingly updated anything yet) but just keeps crashing to desktop :confused:

Bummer… Looks like another fresh install… Not had to do one of them since end of 2020, was going so well :rofl:

not that a wrong impression will be created… germany is fine and use full of my bandwith ( 110mbit )

I just recently got a Leo Bodnar interface board and the coaxial knobs with push to mock up the Gxxxx bezel.

It truly is a sickness… :grin:

Update accessible exactly at 4pm here in UK. Currently on 13%!

(post withdrawn by author, will be automatically deleted in 24 hours unless flagged)

1 Like

(post withdrawn by author, will be automatically deleted in 24 hours unless flagged)

1 Like

I’m downloading now… :+1:t5: