Sim Update 7 Live Weather regression - a broken mess

I almost thought Asobo introduces some enhance feature as part of SU7 e.g. simulating engine failure etc…but after i restarted a few times and same issue…i knew it cant be…hope they fix it before the weekend comes ard.

1 Like

yes the wrong cloud height can be, but it seems like they put meteoblue over it better now !

metar area:

other side, haven’t seen these distant cloud bands for a long time !

the clouds definitely look better or different “only the wind is trying to kill me right now”, yes i think they are clearly trying something :slight_smile:

1 Like

Looks good, doesn’t it?

well better than before in any case !

but it really can be just a coincidence !

For the first time since July I turned the sim off in an evening and stood back and took a few deep breaths. Fingers crossed for a timely fix.

1 Like

Maybe you are lucky, I had something like this a few days ago in Stockholm too. Cloud bands too, but also all the way those TC.

1 Like

No change on my end.
METAR LOWL 021950Z AUTO 27011KT 9999 FEW019 BKN024 04/02 Q1002 NOSIG
Clouds almost at the ground.

1 Like

No change here either, tbh even testing EGCC where MEtar is NCD, but it should be higher level overcast it isn’t even depicting that correctly…

As for cloud heights, no change here either:

I have the same.

Just to add to the fun I also got the lost ATC audio bug too at same time. 2 bugs for the price of 1 flight!

3 Likes

The same with 787 and FBW dev. When turning live weather off the aircraft is climbing. So weather in live is not good.

whatever happened to the QA today? or it’s there and i missed it?

There has been no Dev update released, but there should be one today

1 Like

Well this suggests something but what? a hotfix? and when? Has to be before Feb.

2 Likes

it’ sounds like it should be relatively soon, otherwise they could have said that the issues will be addressed with the February update.

1 Like

A hotfix for Christmas I reckon.

It would be very foolish of them to leave it in this broken state for that long. If I were them I would want this mess fixing ASAP, but it wouldn’t surprise me if they don’t

2 Likes

It depends on how many fixes they are working on. I agree we need things fixed asap, but rushing to fix things can break other things minus testing.

2 Likes

Yes, I would rather it be properly tested before they release it. Yano, like SU7 should have been

2 Likes

Who even knows if anyone from MS or Asobo is even aware the live weather is completely broken. Maybe even Meteoblue doesn’t know. Since there hasn’t been any communication to the community about this from the developers, my guess is they must have no idea. Im not so sure they are even reading any of the 100’s of feedback posts while on vacation for the month of December or however long they said they’d be off of work.

1 Like