Sim Update V (1.18.13.0) Bug Megathread

Updated my Nvidia drivers and now it works, getting 60 fps on Ultra settings in the Robin which is a big improvement. Never used Ultra before.

1 Like

Anyone have problem with 172 on floats getting gear up and water rudder down levers move no animation

Sameā€¦ The TCA switch needs to be off, then you manually switch the eng 1 switch in the sim.

Not that it matters, it will CTD sometime before you complete a flight anyway.

2 Likes

In addition to whatā€™s been posted:

1. Controller menu takes longer to load
  2. In the Mouse profiles, I cannot open or collapse the sections (nothing happens), they are only visible by selecting ā€œExpand/Collapse Allā€, and even though I am filtering by ā€œAssignedā€ it sometimes shows many unassigned mappings, and ā€œEssentialsā€ doesnā€™t look much different than ā€œAllā€
  3. I chose a departure from an airport shown in the world map, but it dumped me in a field with no airport in site. Airport=KFRA (shown a Frasier, CO but a Google search shows that as Fargo, ND).
  4. Cockpit tips used to show is something was set or not, now sometimes I canā€™t tell (reverted to legacy mode since flying with kb/m)
  5. AP not following the flight plan at all (in DA62 at the moment), and no navigation arrows pointing the way to my waypoint as expected.
  6. More freezes, but usually recovers
  7. Better frame rates, but scenery looks more cartoonish sometimes, not loading better textures even though Iā€™m online - maybe this is because of traffic load (?)
  8. Speaking of being online, this version seems more strict about connectivity to some of their servers. I fly on my work network sometimes and I used to be able to switch to a private network temporarily to launch the game (to validate with the MS servers) and then I could switch back to my work network and all would be fine. Now I get warnings about being offline when I switch back (Iā€™m sue my office is blocking something there, but it used to work).
  9. After a flight, the logbook recorded 00:00:00 time flying. Dev mode issue?

Combining the PC and XBOX code was a mistake.

4 Likes

if given the option, i would absolutely revert to su4. the bugs, stutters, texture pop ins and hardware problems iā€™ve experienced are awful. worst update so far (for me).

6 Likes

Same here
I canā€™t us the mouse in cockpit view

1 Like

The camera now drifts when using a controller, it didnā€™t do it before the update and this is the only game Iā€™m having a problem with. Also the controller is 2 months old. Iā€™m playing on PC.

2 Likes

The Sim has been trashed, I donā€™t think it will recover from this very soon, I have tried the Cessna and avionics went off mid-flight, the PWR 12V switch doesnā€™t work so that flight was ended.

Asoboā€™s Airbus worked OK but I see that when the Glass screens are popped out you still lose 30% of your Frame Rate.

It is still running very smooth ā€¦when itā€™s running, the Sim is freezing now for me, everything halts for up to 20 seconds then away it goes again happened 4 or 5 times. No setting changes from 4
There is erratic behaviour everywhere you look.

P.S. I am actually only using 13% of my CPU capacity ā€¦ we are going in the wrong direction!

P.S.Just read this on this website, from a Twitter feed ā€¦ to worn out to try today.

TWITTER @MSFSOfficial ā€” Microsoft Flight Simulator (@MSFSofficial) July 27, 2021
A popular Known Issue: If you have a controller plugged in and canā€™t navigate the menus, try plugging in a mouse temporarily and resetting your controller profile to the Default Mapping.
For more Known Issues: https://flightsimulator.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/360016027399 ā€” MSFS Support (@MSFS_Support) July 27, 2021

3 Likes

Posted this screen earlier,but it could be seen as a minor AI bug,the Air traffic control not recognizing its night :joy:

Check if switching General Options / Accessibility / Cockpit Interaction System to LEGACY, if not already, will solve it ?

Still testing on PS/2

1 Like

Same here with issue 1. Spoilers but everything I hit escape to change something in settings and go back into game (via mouse too as escape does not take you back) my Spoilers deploy. Not tried the others yet

I tried both options but none of them works.
I have set default settings on mouse controls. Never I created a new profile for mouse.
I use Xbox One controller for dron camera and is set to default as well.
I try everything but nothing works properly.

The same issue for me. The airbus TCA doesnĀ“t work

Same problem here, i use mouse for moving in cockpit view and xbox controller for dron views.
Mouse doesnā€™t work well on cockpit view.
Try legacy and block options but nothing.
Default profile on controller and mouse.
Iā€™m really lost after update, i canā€™t fly any airplane.

That did it for me. It was a long adruous process, but it paid off. I took everything out and added back one at a time. Now, I only put the ones in the community folder that I need for the flight session I need. Saves a lot of time.

Same hereā€¦ amazing performance boost for me.

1 Like

simply click throttle with both mouse buttons and it will traverse between taxi and feather.

1 Like

you know what thatā€™s mean? itā€™s beautiful, less physical objects mean less cpu/ram load around, terrain crash stay so itā€™s not good, overstress crash stay too i guess, but donā€™t sure, didnā€™t try it yet, flight most corsair and spitfire so, have to give some really big speed and load, multiple crash terrain with bell47, before when crash was disabled, bell just has engine dieā€¦ but i remember we can disable crash in dev mod, so itā€™s ok in any wayā€¦

Thank you to MS for encouraging me to fly the other sims I own. I hope you will have time to fix this one just in time for your next ā€˜updateā€™ to break it again but I think I wont wait around for that.
This has been a flaming, flatulent train wreck from the jump.
It doesnā€™t even LOOK pretty anymore

4 Likes