Sim Update V (1.18.13.0) Bug Megathread

you need to use nvidia control panel to lock fps its been like this since release its nothing new

Not in my experience. I have it locked in NVCP all along, either at 60 or 30, both global and program MSFS. I have two monitors. The one not carrying MSFS indicates the 30FPS, but the game screen is random/runaway.

works fine for me with nvidia control panel has done since day one

Out of curiosity, snd since you were in the Alpha too, do you still see it as under 'show only programs found on this computer" in NVCP? I have three entries: Microsoft Flight Simulator (flightsimulator.exe); Microsoft Flight Simulator (Microsoft Flight Simulator), and, Microsoft Flight Simulator (microsoft.khalpha_ā€¦).

dont know if this helps but this is what mine shows

Total senior moment !!! While playing around with settings after a reset to defaults in NVCP during the last build Iā€™d set ā€˜Background Application Max Frame Rateā€™ to 30 FPS and left ā€˜Max Framerateā€™ at the default ā€˜offā€™.

1 Like

Hi, i have the same problem, London is crashing game (cant load EGLL, London City, cant spawn over POIs in London).

CTD on every flight since the upgrade two days ago. Sometimes even CTD while in options. Game unplayable. Thinking about money back options at this point. Very disappointed

Like many I experienced CTD after CTD with SU5 to the point it was now unplayable. But after reading many posts on the topic I went about trying to get the sim running again. Hereā€™s what has worked for me: (nothing overclocked)

Specs:
Ryzen 7 5800
32GB RAM
Nvidia RTX 3070
nvme SSD drives

• Cleared out my community folder. I hadnā€™t done this prior to update
  • Updated graphic card drivers to latest (471.41)
  • Went to Profile->Content Manger and made sure all updates were installed. (This fixed problem with fuel selector in Baron and 172)
  • Cleared Rolling Cache and deleted Manual Cache
  • Turned off AI Traffic
  • Turned off Live Weather
  • Set interactions to Legacy

Since doing the above steps Iā€™ve experienced three CTDs but Iā€™ve been able to successfully complete 3 short 30 minute flights. Iā€™m experiencing some issues with my Saitek/Logitech multi and switch panels. One CTD happened after using flap switch and another when I used trim wheel. After CTDs I have to restart PC otherwise the Logitech plugin is still running.
The third CTD happened when I tried to change some controller options, clicked on a setting and boom CTD.

I have experienced fairly frequent freezes both long and short during flights. They have happened at random times but I have noticed excess main thread time right before it happens. They havenā€™t resulted in a CTD but I do hold my breath when the sim freezes.

The update has definitely improved performance. Iā€™m able to set graphics to Ultra and I get similar FPS as I did previously with just High. (40-60 in almost all areas). The sim starts a lot faster and flights load a whole lot quicker so I think the update is a winner from a performance standpoint.

That said, prior to this update I hadnā€™t had any problems with the sim and really enjoyed it. In addition to stability problems, not being able to use Live weather and traffic and the frequent freezes and stutters has dampened my enthusiasm. And the added XBOX features that I really donā€™t want or even need to see in my PC version are truly frustrating. Hereā€™s hoping MS and Asobo review the list of submitted bugs and can come out with a patch in a reasonable time frame.

2 Likes

Hi,
I had several issues after the new update V5, particularly in the TBM930. Without going through the list of errors, I found my problems were all associated with a Working Title G3000 file. I deleted the file, rebooted, and most problems disappeared. I then checked for an update of this program, and found I was running V7.2ā€¦an outdated version. I then installed V7.4, and ALL my issues were gone. Iā€™ve just completed a 90minute cruise-around, and no further issues are evident.
That was my experience, and it may not be relevant to most of you, sadly.
Best wishes to all, and hope the upcoming patch works for you.

1 Like

What aircraft did you fly? Is it stock or third party? Iā€™m sure nobody of third party content providers was ready to the new update. They need time to reassemble their content to support actually absolutely different version of MSFS.
PS: I must admit changing controller settings or just disconnecting controller might lead to freeze or CTD in earlier versions as well.

Ash,
It was a stock TBMā€¦Iā€™ll try a third party one and let you know soon

Ash,
Iā€™ve tried another two TBMā€™sā€¦both 3rd partyā€¦and all good.

Same
Issue
My external sound system
Is
Not usb based and it dis
Connects and re
Connect
When trying to start the sim . Hopefully it
Get
Fixes

I found su 5 has brought again once solved Shock Ultra air speed indicator error with more.
I need the right plane than skis or floaters.

Just what is it doing? 12,000b/sec downloading

Just hope this hotfix does somethingā€¦

My Logitech USB controllers just freeze when I turn a knob. Not good.

A thought -

Yes, its frustrating when your PC / Z-Box game does not work in the way you expect, especially if it was working better before an update. But itā€™s only a GAME ( Or Simulator for Entertainment).

You can always go play something else, or do something else, and have the luxury of just having to wait for someone else, now under a great deal of pressure, to FIX it for you. Life goes one, and you have the choice to get all frustrated and upset, or just patently wait while others toil ā€œfor youā€ to get things sorted.

Asobo, and Devs are not so lucky. They are the ones under pressure to find solutions, to worry & stress over their work, commit to long hours and extra hours, while working under great pressure to find solutions. ( and they do, as they are both passionate about their work, and concerned about their future job prospects)

Compared to Asobo & Devs, in these situations, you have it GOOD !!!

Be thankful for what you do have !

1 Like

Hi All,
updated and experience within 20 minutes 3 crashes. First when switched controller, second with just waiting in the main menu and third with going back from discovery flight New York to main menu.

2 Likes

Itā€™s warming it up, ready for some real work, once you start flying ā€¦

Think of it like a RUN-UP test before take-off, for your PC !! j/k :wink: