Sim update VI Beta installation help

I’m looking into this now as the notes should have popped up after download. I’ll ping here once I know more.

8 Likes

short question:

I was running the Feedback Hub previois for Windows Insider Testing, so I have it already installed and I am used to report stuff.
When I am now trying to report an issue for MSFS I can not select “Microsoft Flight Simulator” only “Flight Simulator” is listed, since this is the name the game has inside the “Program & Feature”-List of my local Windows System. Is it the same?

Good questions - yes, Flight Simulator is the same. Some folks will see “Flight Simulator” and some will see “Microsoft Flight Simulator”. I’ll update the instructions. Thanks!

Patch Notes are working on my end:

After initial loading, when MSFS asks for the package location, i can press “V” to see them.

Thanks for letting me know!

No patch notes popped on Series X either just for the heads up if you wanted some platform specifics.

Cheers

1 Like

How can it be done? There is no option to sign in other than using my Microsoft Account showing a real name.

some other question:

Feedback/Issues via the Feedback Hub are more or less public (at least that I know). How should we post stuff without violating NDA?

Current feedback status on “Flight Simulator”

3 Likes

Similar - I can press v to see the notes whilst downloading

@Jummivana I have posted a test feedback via the Feedback Hub, in the process I was unable to mark it as “private” or as “beta”. Sofar it is not listed in the “public” area or in “my feedback”, will keep you updated.

1 Like

As a data point, after I completed the Store download, I loaded the sim and allowed it to start updating. I then walked away and went back to work. I just checked on it again and the sim was running as normal but no release notes popped up.

1 Like

As far as I’m aware, it won’t show your last name when reporting.

@Kaiii3 From what I’m told about the reporting tools, it is private on Xbox but you are correct that when submitting through the Feedback Hub on PC the feedback isn’t exactly private. However, as this is the main reporting method it does not violate the NDA. I understand this seems counter-intuitive. I let the team know.

1 Like

Update worked fine, but also no patch notes. Would be nice to get them somehow.

1 Like

Patch notes are huge! I didn’t get through them all before it finished downloading - is there a way to bring them back up somewhere?

4 Likes

I would offer screenshots of the patch notes to people who aren’t getting them but obviously we can’t share anything like that.

5 Likes

Working on a solution for this now!

5 Likes

maybe you can just send it to us via PN :smiley:

1 Like

ok thanks. My test-feedback is now listed and visible public. Would be good to get some instructions on how to report stuff now, because a NDA is now more or less useless.

2 Likes

How can I know anyone requesting them is in the beta ? :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’m not seeing either “Flight Simulator” or “Microsoft Flight Simulator” in the Apps list, which is curious because it’s listing every single application I have installed right now. The new client is downloading as we speak. Are there any filters in the hub I should be avoiding?

1 Like