Sim update VI Beta installation help

So if I download the beta, would that overwrite my current original version of MSFS? Or does it install a whole new sim in another directory?

I do have my original version installed on separate SSD.

Looking through the existing MSFS feedback list it appears it actually does show full first name and first letter of surname. But that’s not my concern here.

I was wondering if it is even possible to log in into Feedback Hub using my gamertag (as described in the instructions).

Hoping that just beta users are here, but yeah, I know what you mean :frowning:

Yes.

Nope.

Maybe anybody who requests, can send you a proove? (I’ll send you sth via PN)

I’m not a beta tester, no time to do it properly… but I would be very interested to READ things about SU-6 testing… of course I don’t need to write things… say there would be a section for it… switching on write-permission only for people that take part in the beta…

Maybe forum things could be combined with the new MS-app ? Straight bug reports go via the MS-app, but the conversations about SU-6, or directions for self-help could be put here.

me neither, can we have more detailed instructions re. the reporting tool please?

1 Like

Workaround.

Close msfs.

Backup file named usercfg.opt

In notepad open file named usercfg.opt and delete last line.

InstalledPackagesPath “x:\Your_MSFS”

Save changes

Launch msfs.

Now PrtScr key is your friend :wink:

After that point installer to your MSFS folder (click browse).

4 Likes

Cool, yes, that should work - I only got 3 print screens done before it finished the download coz I wasn’t paying enough attention :slight_smile:

Apps > Microsoft Flight Simulator or Flight Simulator

If you aren’t seeing the app show up, try checking bottom left to see if you are logged in with the account you own the sim on. Let me know if that doesn’t work!

1 Like

thanks Yummi :grinning:
I see that screen on Feedback hub, I just didn’t not see any MSFS category

1 Like

For me I was able to find it under “Flight Simulator”

Checking to see if there are any solutions for anyone not able to see the app at all.

It’s a bit confusing with the Feedback Hub. I First thought also that there is no Flight Simulator listed, only Win 11. But after i tried to do a test post i could select Flight Simulator

1 Like

Can someone share them? I already installed it and didn’t see to press V.

Made sure that I am logged in, and I still can’t find it, even in the list of applications that are running at this time. I’ve made sure to restart the Feedback Hub several times after the client was installed.

NDA.

Workaround > https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/sim-update-vi-beta/460006/52

I can not select “choose a category”. it is listed as option #2, but I can not select it. does that come up only after you have entered your feedback?

yeah just saw that. Sigh. Thanks for sending.

Exactly mate

thanks, not very intuitive. I would expect to select a category FIRST, then enter my text.

1 Like