Simaddons CYYJ or CYEG for MSFS?

Hi. Has anybody tried Simaddon’s CYYJ (Victoria International Airport) or CYEG (Edmonton International Airport) for MSFS? I am referring to the sceneries at SIMADDONS - Flight Simulator Scenery Addons for MSFS. It’s a little above average in price for MSFS sceneries. But as of the moment, there are no other well done 3rd party sceneries for CYYJ or CYEG. It’s Simaddons or nothing else (if there are alternative well done CYYJ or CYEG for MSFS, I’d like to know).

Does anybody own either of these Simaddons sceneries? Otherwise, if you don’t own these specific Simaddon sceneries, are there people that own other Simaddon Canadian airport sceneries?

How are the quality and performance of Simaddon sceneries for MSFS?

Edit: On their Facebook page, FSimStudio said they are releasing CYEG for MSFS in late June: Redirecting.... With FSimStudio’s announcement of the release of CYEG, I am going with FSimStudio’s version of CYEG. Not only do I expect FSimStudio’s version of CYEG to be higher quality than Simaddons, but the price will likely be lower than Simaddons as well. This is a shame since Simaddons could have priced their CYEG more competitively but I don’t think the owner of Simaddons is aware of the upcoming competition and may not care about the competition either.

I really love SimAddons sceneries! While the textures are not top notch their products are still excellent. They offer a whole lot features that are absolutely unique and which you dont get in any other sceneries, for example:

• de-icing parking spots: on your way to the runway you park at certain spots where you have de-icing vehicles waiting for you. As soon as you reach the spots they begin spraying de-icing fluid all over your plane (and they move back and forth while de-icing). I have never seen this in any other scenery!
  • snow movers
  • a fully working VDGS for parking
  • ecosystem and seasons for Canada (not needed of you already have AccuSeason or Bijan) - optional

Right now I purchased one of the bundle packs (the one incl. Edmonton), but I will surely get their other bundles and the new Victoria Intl. as well.

1 Like

CYYJ looks great! It comes as an executable. The seasonal vegetation for Vancouver Island is missing from the CYYJ install. This is a separate install from support. Updates require making a backup to a usb stick (huh?).

Functional hangar doors! But not at CYYJ. Boo.

Snow clearing and lawn mowing. Nice.

Something wrong with the terrain textures. Those tiles keep popping up around the aircraft.

There is no way to uninstall the mod from Windows-Settings, even though it comes with an .exe.

1 Like

What so you can’t just drag and drop to community?

2 Likes

No. I deleted the folders from Community. I am not sure the texture issue is from the mod or if it was there prior. This odd texture appears and then disappears when I taxi or fly over CYYJ.

1 Like

How do the ploughs and de icing work from a sim perspective?

Just an update, that texture seems to be a photogrammetry issue. It is not caused by the mod, but it is impacted by the bug. I turned off photogrammetry. Textures are normal.

I have purchased a lot of Simaddon’s sceneries over the years.
As mentioned, the textures aren’t the most realistic, but the location, size, layout and look of all the airports and their buildings are perfect.
They also have very good support.
I have always been replied to promptly when I have had an issue.
All of their accessories such as de-ice, etc, work as intended.

2 Likes

So once you run the .exe, you can extract CYYJ to a folder, right? And then you can copy the CYYJ folder to your Community folder? Is that how it works?

That is weird that they use an .exe, I guess they do this to prevent piracy of their scenery. I prefer to just extract from a .Zip file, rather than run an .exe on my computer. I don’t know if the .exe will do funny things on my computer, including altering my registry (it probably won’t do anything malicious, but it’s just weird that an .exe is needed for a scenery add-on unless it’s to prevent piracy).

No, you don’t have to.
It will install itself in the Community folder.
It does put a few of the features in other spots, so that is why the installer, I believe.
I am fairly sure it does not use registry entries.

1 Like

Then I would avoid, because there is no Uninstall. Do you have a list of changes?

I ended up purchasing alot of Ralph’s sceneries as there’s no other choices out there when it comes to Canadian airports. The FPS are good and he updates his stuff on a regular basis as well.

1 Like

FSIMSTUDIOS is bringing CYYJ sometime this year. There quality outshines Simaddons products. If you are looking for quality it will be worth the wait.

3 Likes

He provides excellent support. I received an update already.

1 Like

IMO Simaddons CYYJ is simply outstanding. Great FPS. Zero complaints. Ralph even put in the BBQ Smoker at the Victoria Flying Club. Let’s see if FSIMSTUDIOS can outshine that!

I do not have YYJ or YEG, but I do have YXE, YWG, and YQT. I was hesitant at first, but only because I didn’t know much about Ralph’s products. I asked around, and heard nothing but positive things, apart from them maybe being a tad pricey. IMO though, they are fantastic! I was very pleased when I installed and saw for myself. 10/10 would recommend Simaddons.

It’s been a while since I have been to CYEG. Simaddons shows CYEG with blue windows for MSFS:

cyeg2.jpg

Then I check the online pictures of CYEG in Google. And then I also check Fsimstudio’s CYEG for P3D:

5feb4c25973b9ba20e17aba6_CYEG%20(12).jpg

They can’t both be be right :rofl:. The FSimstudio version of CYEG seems to have colors that match what I see in the Google images of CYEG, that is a more beige-brownish color. The Simaddons shows a very blue tinted version of CYEG. Was about to pull the trigger for Simaddons CYEG until I realized the colors just look so off.

Did CYEG in real life renovate to blue windows or is it some type of mistake by Simaddons that CYEG is showing blue windows everywhere?

Any of these available for Xbox? They look great!

I have Edmonton and Calgary. They are pretty good.

No most the sceneries have that blue window look. I have purchased almost all of his stuff for MSFS, plus all the sceneries are updated on a regular basis.

1 Like