Simbreif problems

Hi, I hope I’m posting in the right section. I am having a problem with Microsoft flight simulator not detecting the correct file location where my flight plans are. I was wondering if anyone else had this problem and is it possible to change the default search that microsoft flight simulator uses when you select load flight plan? I should have said at the beginning that I’m using Simbreif and I have followed all the instructions and YouTube videos to the letter but it seems like the simulator just cannot find the flight plans. Also just one more thing, when the simulator opens file explorer (not the correct location) I try to search for the correct file location but it says that the file is empty. I am using the crj 900 by the way.
Any help is much appreciated.

Have you set Simbrief up, so that it downloads the current generated flightplan to MSFS flight plan location.

Yes I did that.

Have you confirmed the flight plan is in the flightplans folder?

Yes, when I generate the flight plan it transfers to simbrief downloaded and then it transfers it to the proper path (steam version) but when I try to load the flight from the simulator it says that folder is empty.

(Simbreif downloader)

Hi, I have a problem when putting a simbreif flight plan into my fenix a320. Basically if im landing at an airport such as YSSY or KLAX, on approach the green line of my flight route doesnt connect onto final, rather it just goes no where and i have to manually turn the plane around onto final.

That’s a Discontinuity. You can remove it unless it follows a “Manual” entry, in which case you would vector in yourself.

Thanks, Also, i would need vatsim to vector myself to the airport right? because i dont have it.

If you are using Vatsim then they would vector you - probably well before the Discon.

If you are not using Vatsim you would simply go into Heading mode and vector yourself to the approach

Oh okay, and I know this may sound like a dumb question, but where would i find those vectors?

There aren’t any. Just a term for taking over the navigation yourself. So you would manually navigate from the last fix before the Discon to the first fix of the next part of your flightplan, usually the approach usually using the Heading bug (and obviously in Heading mode)

Ok thanks, and another question, why is my flightplan filled with “dct” and does it affect my flight?

its is short for Direct (Direct to next fix)

Do i need to do anything differently when i encounter it?

No, if you have LNAV and the Autopilot turned on then the plane will just follow the flight plan itself