Simbrief downloader Can't change path to Flights folder

This question has 2 parts. First, when I first downloaded the downloader I read that you should use a path of: c:\Users\UserNam\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator(withsomechatacters)\LocalState\Flightplans. I can’t change the downloader to point at that folder, and 2nd if I do, how does the FS know to look there when load a flighplan, since it looks in LocalSate. Am I missing something?
Thanks

Topic moved into 3rd Party Tools #third-party-addon-discussion:tools-utilities and tagged #simbrief

Hi Guano458,

the simbrief downloader program is installed in “C:\Program Files\SimBrief Downloader\SimBrief Downloader.exe” by default.
It has been a while since I installed it, so do not remember if one are given a choice as to where to install it.
Within the flightsim, one can browse to any folder in order to load a flightplan.
Simbrief downloader has a lot of preconfigured file location for flightplans that are directly loaded into the airplane

Just let SimBrief downloader install to it’s default directory.

When it downloads the flight plan, you can choose the directory it gets saved to, and when in MSFS and you select load, you can navigate to where the flight plan was saved.

I was not clear in describing my problem, which is: Getting the Simbrief downloader to save flightplans in the Flightplans folder at the end of the path I described. I tried to use the folder icon that open the file explorer bit it won’t change the default folder for FS plans. I figured out the second part of my question, which was sort of obvious once I toyed around with it. I just wand simbrief to put the flight in a separate folder.

Click on the folder,

Navigate to where you want to save the plans (in this example I changed to Flight Plans Test on my desktop) then click “Select Folder”

The directory has now changed,

Click the download button,

And check the directory,

I hope that helps.

Yes it did. Got everything working and Filghtplans are now kept where I want htem.

Thanks

1 Like

Hello,
Can someone help me with the following problem?
After installing Simbrief downloader and pointing to the path where the flight plans will be placed I don’t get the correct screen, I uninstalled and reinstalled everything but that didn’t help.
Screenshot Simbrief downloader

Do you have an active flight plan in simbrief?

You have to generate a flight plan, and then it should populate in here.