Simbrief & Navigraph with console

Is anyone using this on xbox? I know it is not used integrated in MSFS because the xbox is a closed system but i wonder if anyone uses these flight planners for example, on the laptop sideways.

I am on Xbox X and use Simbrief & Navigraph on Ipad.

1 Like

How do you do that? You plan the route externally and look on the iPad how to fly? With the VFR card visible in MSFS?

I use both, simbrief mainly for fuel planing, and navigraph for the charts.
For route planing, I either use the world map for an ifr routing and use this routing in simbrief, or the other way around. But for long routes it is a pita with the world map. Depending on what plane you use, you can type the route directly into the FMS and request that routing from ATC,if you use it. That isn’t (yet) possible with the WT G1000nxi.

1 Like

@Wallardi
Simbrief. Set airports and looking at what routes the system will offer from the real world. I change the flight plan if he does not math for some in-game moments. Uploading the plan to Navigraph. Start game. I fill out the flight plan in the plane’s computer, if it’s a flight according to the rules IFR. In flight, I look at navigation maps and data in Navigraph. I try to enter all the settings from the Navigraph data, even the frequency of the transmitter or ATIS.

If I fly according to the rules of VFR, then I use maps from https://skyvector.com/ . And build a route through VOR, various beacons and visual objects, such as roads, hills, houses, rivers, lakes, etc. Simbrief is useless for VFR flights. Only if for fuel calculation. Also Navigraph useless, only for airport charts for Taxi and landing.

1 Like

Great thanks.
What would be a VFR version according to you?

Not understand question

Can i use navigraph/simbrief for VFR flights?
For example, looking on a tablet or laptop while flying.

There is a major update of Navigraph charts currently in development which will add extensive VFR capabilities.

Regards,

Stephen

7 Likes

I don’t know about simbrief & navigraph updates, but at the moment there are no usable maps for VFR flight in simbrief & navigraph expect airport charts and beacon frequency

1 Like

Are you a developer of simbrief & navigraph? according to the text about the nickname and favicon , I thought so

Affirmative!

2 Likes

Hello,
As this is a discussion about third-party flight planners, I have moved this to Third Party Addon Discussion > Tools & Utilities.

1 Like

@Stephendoc9443
I am very glad to hear that VFR support is planned . Thanks

1 Like