SimDocks - Port of Hamburg

The Port of Hamburg by SimDocks is looking fantastic!
This mod will include more than 20,000 individual models and its release is planned in October 2021. Can’t wait!

13 Likes

Thanks for bringing this up. I follow the preview pics on his forum for months now. I really look forward to the release.

1 Like

Looking forward to it too! This, along with the DACH update, will be just awesome.

1 Like

Looks marvelous… a few month ago there was an anouncement “Something big is coming”, it must be this :wink:

2 Likes

It’s released.

1 Like

Yes,and downloading is impossible without creating an account on their webpage.

Sorry, but why in god´s name want these guys my full adress & Telephone number??? Are you serious? For downloading a freeware scenery…LOL.

No one in his right mind should give his full personal data for an obscure ID process on a Web page for freeware flight sim content.

No,thanks

11 Likes

So it’s your choise not to do that.
I really enjoyed my first flight above the port

That’s pretty normal in Germany. We have strict regulations regarding the liability of forum providers on the internet for things that users do. You need full name and address. Phone number is optional, I found. Regarding personal data, in the EU we have strict regulations for anyone who collects them.

“it´s pretty normal in Germany” Nein,ist es nicht. Babbel net so nen Mist. Grüße aus Südhessen :wink:

Pls.dont talk BS. It´s up to the site admin´s if they want to have the full adress for new members who only want´s to download a single file. It has nothing, I repeat really nothing to do with “regulations” here in germany and I know about the EU´s regulations in regards of data collecting.

I really appreciate the modder´s work. The scenery looks quite good. But I can only speak for myself: I would never ever give my full adress (including Tel. number) to create an account for a freeware scenery. But maybe you´re right and this is a “german thing” only.

The content creator has choosen this way to publish his work instead of hosting it to a more common page like flightsim.to. Which is also fine. At the end it is his work and he can decide how he wants to share it.

But It is my decision to form my opinion about it.

We´re getting too off topic here.

4 Likes

In fact you have to collect as little data as possible for providing a service.
So, that’s a big no-no if you want to play by GDPR rules.

Regardless of this rule: If you start to collect this info you have to provide a thorough procedure to ensure it’s safely stored and can be deleted by user request etc.

Also: Never going to register with more than an email and user name.

2 Likes

Thanks.

Let me quote you as a golden rule of thumb: “Never going to register with more than an email and user name”

1 Like

I tried it Yesterday and i’m impressed

Btw didn’t have seen so much Traffic above the Hamburg Port like Yesterday

Looks absolutely stunning, and circling over the scenery for 30 mins I didn’t find any remarkable glitches, so yes, it’s compatible with WU6.
A great thank you to Manfred for making this scenery! It must have taken months to place all the containers, railway cars, cranes, ships and the modesl of the waterfront.

Only Glitch is that the screen flickers black when low near the Cap San Diego. The Ship in the first picture

1 Like

Yea, was down there whit the R44 heli, i thought my GPU was giving up, the screen flickering like crazy…
Turning of “Bloom” was the solution for me.

And, just like most of addons, i just want to take out every object and run them thrue a “Run&tear” filter, everything is just to shiny.

Looks great.

Since I would probably not hand over such details online to NASA if I were applying to command the ISS, I will be giving this a pass.

1 Like

Looks awesome, I’m grateful for his contribution to the flight sim community. Much respect.

/That said, too many hoops for me. Maybe if it was my home area, or one I flew frequently.

Oh, I got short screen blackouts too during large parts of my portseeing flight. I reverted back to Nvidia driver 466.77 due to artifacts with the newer drivers, and was suspecting a driver problem.

@ BanKhokklan: I had the same idea. Especially the containers are way too lego colored, should be more rusty brown.

1 Like

Can anyone explain why the need for an account and personal info and not posting this add-on on flightsim.to? I can only assume that given personal info will be either sold or used for other purpose. I will pass as well. Shame because it looks great.

4 Likes

Perhaps some scam

1 Like