SimShaker for Aviators - Thread from the Dev

Good thing the site will not allow us to buy the software until Nov 1. Gives me time to figure all this out.

Now I am even more confused. Do I need two pieces of software?
On their website it shows:

An “add-on”?
I need to buy this in order for the Simshaker for Aviators to work? My desire is to use the sound module with an extra sound card, hooked up to my ButtKicker. Do I even need Simshaker For Aviators?

And to top it all off, there is another download under that one.

It seems to me that I would need the Simshaker Sound Module as the base program, and then the Aviators download to be the “add-on”. So which do I need first, and why would I have to have the Simshaker Sound Module as the add-on?
Does Simshaker for Aviators Sound Module work on it’s own?

You need 2 pieces of software. “SimShaker for Aviators” supports DCS, P3D/FSX, and X-Plane 11. The “SimShaker Sound Module” adds support for FS2020. SimShaker is free. The sound module is not.

You also need SimConnect installed.

My SimShaker for Aviators supports DCS, X-Plane, FXS/P3D/MSFS2020!

If you own a jetseat or a force feel seat, you need no additional software. However, if you like to use a bass shaker, you need Andre’s (paid) Sound Module addon…

AFAIK, Andre is currently working on the website/shop, therefore I could imaging that’s the reason you can only but from Nov.

1 Like

There is a nice graphic on Andre’s site:

2 Likes

Hi, can you tell me what you did exactly to make things work with mfs2020 ?
I’m a total noob and just ordered a gamer buttkicker 2 but will need some advices to instal it properly.
Best.

1 Like

Congratulations with ordering a Buttkicker 2. I could never do without it now. The first production of the BK Gamer 2 had problems with the power switch. I had two units that failed, it was impossible to turn the unit on, the power light did not go from red to green! Customer support was fantastic and I received a new revised and updated unit at no extra cost. I have had it several years with no problems. ‘touch wood’

To get my Buttkicker 2 working, I installed SimConnect from the link on this web page.

The file does not interfere with the latest SimConnect client and can be uninstalled. There were three clients to install. I strongly advise purchasing SimShaker for Aviators, it has regular updates. I am not sure if it is still necessary to install the older version of SimConnect now because of the recent updates to SimShaker. I bought an ASUS XONAR AE sound card which only costs 49.00GBP from Amazon.uk, I highly recommend it. You will need a ‘Y’ cable with a 3.5mm audio jack to plug into your sound card, the other end should have two female 3.5mm sockets, one to go to your speakers and one to the BK 2 Gamer. I bought a ‘UGreen’ branded ‘Y’ connector lead from Amazon.uk, it’s great quality and does not cost too much.

If you ever need a BK Gamer 2 circuit board schematic, I have one here. I obtained it to identify the part that was stopping my original BK Gamer 2 from starting. The schematic is ‘rare as hens teeth’

I hope this helps you, enjoy your bumpy landing now and bumping your nose wheel over the centre-line lights!

BRGDS. Take care. Charles

1 Like

Thanks very much for this detailed answer Charles, I really appreciate it ! :slight_smile:
May I ask you one more question : unfortunately, my PC doesn’t have a free pci slot anymore. I heard that a software ( Voice Meter ?) could be used to split the sound. Do you know if it could help ?

I have SimShaker with ButtKicker working with my MSFS2020, but for some reason most of the configurable events that should cause vibration don’t seem to work. Rolling on the ground works great (and the vibration goes faster as I speed up) and then it goes away upon liftoff. But I don’t get engine rumble, turbulence, g forces, or even flap vibration.

I turned on the log and it looks like I’m missing some sound sample files?

23:31:12.354 Received: piston_beat~1~69~2
23:31:12.354 Audio sample piston_beat not found
23:31:12.360 Received: hp_4_0_4~4~28
23:31:12.395 Received: p1_12_0_1~0~0~0
23:31:12.396 Audio sample p1_12_0_1 not found
23:31:12.412 Received: piston_beat~1~69~2
23:31:12.412 Audio sample piston_beat not found

A simple USB card works as well!

You might contact Andre, I’m just the developer of SSA but not the sound module…

Hi f410,
My understanding is I will need your free software SSA and then I will need to purchase the optional payware SimShaker sound module add-on from Andre. I will also need to download and install the legacy SimConnect client. In the graphic it says “Dedicated Sound Card”. I have only one sound card in my PC so I need to get another sound card for my Buttkicker or can I just split the audio (with Y-splitter that was included with Buttkicker)? Sorry I am new to all this and need some simple instructions on how to get it all to work ! Thanks

yes, you need a separate sound card otherwise you will hear the effects (bumps, noise, etc.) in you speakers :smiley:. I’m using a cheap 5€ USB sound card for my buttkicker amp…

1 Like

Hey guys, so I downloaded and installed SSA version 2.1.0, Sound Module (demo) and Simconnect. I am able to confirm the Buttkicker responds to the test sound waves provided in the Sound Module demo. I am however uncertain if SSA is connected to MSFS. When I run the SimConnect installer I get a quick dialogue box pop up and that’s it. Here are my settings in SSA:

SimConnect does not seem to be connected showing Status: X ?
Any help would be much appreciated folks!

have you followed the instructions here → http://www.fspassengers.com/?action=simconnect

1- To download Simconnect click on this link: SimConnect.zip
2- Once done, double click on the three “SimConnect.msi” you will find in folder to install them.

I enabled Simshaker for MSFS and it works great except for one thing. G force effect doesn’t seem to work correctly like in DCS.

If i enter a sustained G turn intensity varies with aircraft heading, i.e. if aircraft is heading south effect is amplified but if heading north effect is silenced.

SimConnect debug window is showing correct G forces.

I tried that but when trying to install FSPassengers the installer doesn’t recognize the path in MSFS pointing it to the fsimulater.exe file? I hope the software gets updated one day to integrate more easily with MSFS without resorting to legacy software to make it work.

I may be willing to pay for one on one guidance on getting this SSA/Sound Module/ SimConnect working in MSFS ! Any takers haha

Ziherr - I just got mine working but had some unusual behavior but hadn’t yet identified which effect it was coming from. This might be worth raising with them directly as the developer (Olaf) is happy to get feedback - there emails is below.

simshakerforaviators@gmail.com

1 Like

If everything goes as planned, I’ll have some vacation time around the Christmas Holidays. I hope to work on SSA then…

Good stuff… looking forward to it !