Simulator doesn't start anymore at all

I got 10.0.19041.4271 as per the File Details dialog.

I started reinstalling after I applied TenPatrol’s advice. No need for rolling back anything or tampering in windows . Windows defender and firewall stay up and running here. I had to reinstall because I decided to make a clean install of the OS. 30Gb of 100Gb downloaded now.

Great temporary solution! I would never have thought that a windows application would need disabling the security to work!!

1 Like

The problem is, if you install the gaming services now, you will always get version 10.0.19041.4271.

I also can’t find a way to retrieve the previous version. Back to waiting…

Very strange. I just clicked on gaming service in the store and the sim immediately CTD (While installation manager is downloading). I have no idea which version of the gaming service is running. I know it ran all day today and automatic application update in the store is enabled. Luckily I could relaunch the sim and it continued where it left off (50Gb to go).

Man thanks for that tip. I also couldn’t start the game anymore. Now it’s working again!

1 Like

Can confirm this as a permanent and reliable solution (for me). I’m now able to run MSFS successfully in 100 % cases. No need to disable runtime protection or firewalls anymore… Thanks!

Tried many times, also with 2x completely rebooting the PC and also starting MSFS in elevated (Administrator) rights.

Btw. Just disabling Windows Security (before this exclusion solution) helped me just sometimes. In many cases I wasn’t able to run even though everything in Windows Security was disabled.

1 Like

Oh look, my game starts again.

I have no idea why.

Isn’t that interesting tried all sorts of above ideas to no avail, then as I don’t use Defender switched off live real time scanning in MacAfee and it worked. Switched game on and off three times slightly slower to boot but all fine. MacAfee reengaged and still working. No thanks to ZENDESK still waiting fro a reply after two days!!!

1 Like

I can confirm this worked for me too! Haven’t needed to touch Windows Defender settings at all, and it launches fine now.

Many thanks!

I sincerely hope MS releases an official fix for those users who are still having issues.

1 Like

Absolutely, you would have thought that someone from MS would have come on the forum by now to explain, or at least to apologise.

2 Likes

You’re welcome mate.

2 Likes

Your advice works for me. Airborn again.
Thanks

2 Likes

This is all hit and miss, sure something will work for a while but without a doubt before to long you’ll find the sim will not launch again. I have had it launching several times in a row for the past three days then it will just fail to launch at all as it sees fit.

Agree that it’s really strange that no one from ASOBO (or MS) really cares about this VITAL an FATAL widespread problem after two days. NO SINGLE WORD from ASOBO or MS here (I apologize if yes, if I have missed it) regarding issue acknowledgement and a real temporary / permanent solution.

It was completely on us, community / users, to find a workaround which allow us to continue using their product… Believe that many MSFS people are unable to fly now at all… :frowning:

1 Like

Hello! Sorry for the delay, the team was investigating this issue. They believe it is the latest update with Gaming Services. They are in contact with that team now and have a potential fix soon. Will provide more updates when I get them.

13 Likes

Thanks for your quick response and the clerification.

This is nice to know this problem is being investigated!

1 Like

Finally :smiley:

2 Likes

THX 4 info.