Simulator doesn't start anymore at all

Thanks M8 …I can now reinstall the game and see if the game works properly on a fresh windows install.

put a exception in your AVG for the 3 directories and app @TenPatrol put it’s just a powershell to implement exception in windows defender so you need to do that but manually in your own antivirus program ( AVG, bit defender, avast, etc…)

I had the same problem with Gaming Services 2.47.2002.0
Sim worked in the morning, then gaming services updated, sim never loaded in the afternoon.

I saw this on another thread, Warning. Dont do Windows update 20h2 where NITRO1cm says “Check your video driver version post update”.

I found there was a new driver available, installed it, and sim now loads and runs without problem.

Fingers and toes crossed this will work for someone else too.

Surely the actual solution is for Microsoft to fix the problem?

I totally appreciate the wish to be able to use it (I’ve paid my money and can’t launch it) but it’s amazing how many folk are prepared to hack their systems just to try and make something work that should be working anyway.

I know it’s annoying (very, to say the least), but I, for one, am leaving my system as is until the people that caused the issue fix it. If they don’t, then I’ll take that a lesson learned and carry on enjoying my pre-2020 sims.

All this hackery and messing about disabling AV etc is potentially setting yourselves up for issues further down the line.

Again, I reiterate, I understand the frustration. I’d be livid, too, if I could be bothered. But there’s plenty of other fun stuff to do out there in the meantime.

4 Likes

I agree. Being computer illiterate I still tried some of the “solutions” for something that should work in the first place, as you said, and it seems I totally messed up everything on my pc. Will have a computer techie come in tomorrow to reset the whole mess and download the sim again. If something like this happens again, I’ll just leave it as is and wait for the provider to come up with a fix. What a mess

Yes, exactly. This is my concern for folk. I’m a programmer by trade and I’ve learnt over the years that the user should never have to hack about with their system to make your software work. The last thing any of us should have to do is hack our systems to make an off-the-shelf application work. That tells me the app isn’t fit for purpose, but that’s a whole other topic.

Sorry to hear you’ve had issues with your system. One of the reasons for my post was to hopefully discourage folk from trying out some/every one of the suggestions here and then ending up with an unstable system. I totally get why folks want to try and solve it themselves - we’ve all been looking forward to this for so long - but even if the suggestions work now, who’s to say a future change won’t work because of those changes? And then how would we know which one of our changes caused the problem?

You need at least one stable element in the equation so you know where the problem is, so my take is it’s better to leave my system in the good state I know it to currently be in, and for the developers/publishers to fix the problem.

We know where the problem is, so best to not try and “fix” it by changing something else.

4 Likes

:+1:t2:
100% agree… unless you know what you are doing. Even then, why mess with a good working system?

Yes my FS would no longer start 3 days ago, and I changed nothing. CTD on startup every time…
Adding a few exceptions, for me just 1 for FS, is not a major risk, unlike turning off real-time protection.
Between the choices of not being able to use FS for days, and in today’s real-life not to live, I choose to enjoy and live. For FS, the exclusion is for the current version 1.10.8.0

So, it’s easy to remove, and this exclusion won’t work on the next FS version.
Thanks to this workaround I managed the 21st rank in the Halloween landing challenge yesterday, which by now I must be ~ 25th.
A problem should never stop us to enjoy anything. I know that very well since I lost my left hand in real life when I was 20; I got a sturdy non-esthetic prosthetic made and can go to the gym and do 90% of all exercices. Of course, when gyms are open that is.
Always, always keep doing what you like doing. And happy flying.

Nombre de la aplicación con errores: FlightSimulator.exe, versión: 0.0.0.0,

06/11/2020 13:16:50

Sigue sin ir :frowning:

Hi Guys,
I have the same problem, but have formatted my system.
One of you knows how to get the MSFS up and running again or whether an update comes out.

greeting Max

from Germany

This worked for me! Thanks. Before I deleted all files, and have to download it all again.
This takes at least 15 hours by experience.

Thank you for helping me get this far!

1 Like

I tried everything but doesn’t work for me for the last 3 days. some times its really frustrating because more than flying I have to deal with eternal updates and breakdowns. Lets hope that things will get better in the near future.

The Game Bar also seems to be unable to start with error code 0x803F8001.

Glad you’re up and running. I have a third-party antivirus solution, so Defender isn’t the issue for me.

So i fixed my CTD on launch.
All i did was open the Xbox Console Companion app on windows and hit start on the game in My Games.
Hope it works for more people!

1 Like

My main takeaway from all of this is that I shall never, ever buy anything from the Microsoft Store again. It’s probably the worst piece of software I’ve ever used. I only have 2 things purchased through it - MSFS 2020 and Forza 4. An update for Forza has just been released. The Store tries to download it, then fails the install with no explanation whatsoever about what’s gone wrong. Just a suggestion to reboot. Thanks for that. So now of the 2 items I’ve purchased, I can start neither of them. £150 well spent.

2 fails out of 2. That says it all, really.

yes actually it works for me :+1:t2:

1 Like

Try to set an exception for FS in your antivirus.

Yes, I don’t know what they are smoking … those who manage that store. Departments not communicating…

Thanks for the tip - I did already try that, but still no luck. It looks like there are multiple issues going on here, with one or more hitting each of us. For me, as soon as I double-click the MSFS 2020 icon, it just opens the Microsoft Store, going straight to the Store page for Gaming Services and that’s it. It never does any more.