Simulator takes 12 minutes to load to home page and then when I hit the FLY button it will not load. HELP
@CurtList1920663 A warm welcome to the forums.
I wonder if you have had a look at this thread (and in particular the post in the thread I linked) to see if that may be a relevant factor.
I’ve been having a similar problem recently. I am currently using SU9 Beta 220.127.116.11. In my case, it is very reproducible. I found a workaround, but it would be nice to have a solution. Here’s what I’m seeing. At the World Map screen, I
- Select the default Cessna C208B Grand Caravan EX
- In Liveries, select FedEx Feeder (downloaded from flightsim.to, installed in Community folder)
- Set the Weight and Balance to about 90% fuel and payload
- Select Flight Conditions and verify Multiplayer OFF, Air Traffic LIVE or OFF, and Weather LIVE
- Load a flight plan that I created with LNM, verifying departure, start location, destination, and route are correct
- Wait until I see the wind direction and speed appear on the departure airport tile
- Press FLY
At this point, the loading screen appears, progress jumps to about 40%, and that’s it. The messages no longer cycle along the bottom. The game is now frozen. I must use Task Manager to kill it.
The workaround to all of this (after restarting in Normal mode) is to skip the livery step and use the default livery. When I do this, I can load into the game. If I now exit and repeat the steps above, I can get into the game with the selected livery. It’s like it needs something to be loaded from the default/base aircraft before it can load another livery from the Community folder.
Note, this happens with the FBW A320 as well.
For what it’s worth,