SimUpdate #3 - March 4 - still on schedule?

Pre-order a coffin, just in case…

2 Likes

The question may be – Who manages the UPDATE servers, and configure what gets updated.

Asobo may be developing the code files for MS, but are they really the ones distributing them, or do they pass a competed MSFS “package” over to Microsoft, and it is Microsoft that set it all up to run on the Microsoft Update servers – along with any other 3rd party Updates, that need to be configure to be available from the MS Store.

Asobo is contracted by MS to produce MSFS. They are the sub-contracted Manufacturer of a PRODUCT, that Microsoft them packs-up up for their Customer’s send "sells/distributes
" from the MS Store/Servers.

At least this is the way I see it, until corrected.

How about a PINT of Beer for each day ?? – or will that be cutting down !

4 Likes

I like the way you think!

1 Like

They mentioned briefly in the Dev Q&A that is had to do with how they do “branching” for the code for each update.

Hi KeyBeet24799602,

According to the Code of Conduct, you must use English when posting on the forums. The one exception is the #multiplayer category, where you can use any language to help you find users to connect with.

If you cannot read English, the forums provide a handy feature that translates posts into your native language, you can use this feature by clicking the translate button under a post. translate icon

If you need help converting a post from your language to English, try using Bing Translator, the same service used by the forums.

1 Like

Wait - whats this streamers floating issue? I’ve only flown 3 times since the last update and thought aside from the flaps issue and taxi light explosion - it seemed visually better. Is there a screen shot somewhere? Although on second thought I might now be able to unsee whatever you show me lol.

1 Like

Have flown alot, and so used to taxi lights all over the place I hadn’t noticed it. Flying the PA44 from Carenado that does not seem to have a flap issue…but significant lack of roll resistance.

Another :+1: from me on getting the flight dynamics working before any other eye candy updates.

and!

The weather looks lovely but doesn’t do much to my aircraft when I’m in it. Hope that gets sorted ASAP :slight_smile:

Cheers

Captain Moore

Just to cite a few:

I believe you’ll have to get used to it.

NB: all the ones listed above are not only reporting the problems but are also offering solutions which could be implemented with the current tech right now, and also would satisfy the customers (since these suggestions come from the customers).

6 Likes

endless waste of time again till the broken things are to be fixed…

1 Like

Again taxi lights are literally the least important thing Asobo should be focusing on.

3 Likes

Plus, newly introduced bugs / glitches as regards the taxiway edge lights infestation all over the airports and a rundown on flight physics back again after WU III UK.

The least important ? It’s such a sim killer.

I am out of this topic here! :grin:

So many bugs need to be fixed. After World Update II, they have also broken the airliners liveries and just leave it like nothing happened.

The only bug I have ever seen they fixed as quick as possible (though many days later) is the broken VFR Map CTD.

I also hope Asobo will fix all your listed problems to give a good platform for your projects!

2 Likes

Is there a LOD issue with Multiplayer planes. ?

I can see their lights from far away, and the red/green light become quite far apart, till about 1/2 mile away, the Plane suddenly pop up between the lights, and at that point, is quite detailed, in that you can clearly make out what type small GA plane it is.

It would be much better if it started to appear, between the lights, a lot further away.

So is this also a LOD related issue ?

Wjy is this a “taxi-lights OR flight models” battle?

BOTH needs to be fixed like both got broken in one update.
And as there are most likely two different teams working on scenery and flight models there shouldn’t be a priority issue…

3 Likes

plus the ridiculously gigantic taxiway signs… oh good Lord, there are too many to fix.

Maybe they should use the taxiway sign as advertisment billboards to generate income to hire some real devs to fix this sim… :joy:

3 Likes

do you mean to fix this game ?

1 Like