SimWorks Studios announced development of Kodiak 100

You don’t need to throw them, they want to jump out. :wink:

4 Likes

A couple of months isn’t that long to wait. We’ll have SU5 released before then, with hopefully further refinement to turboprop simulation. It would make sense for them to hold this back till after then to get the most out of it.

1 Like

With the BN2 Islander, PC6 and Kodiak us ex skydiving types will be spoiled for choice :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Really exited for this release hoping SU5 didn’t negativly impact release schedules.

3 Likes

This is the first I’ve read of the Kodiak. I have been watching the MBP episodes on the tube. I’ve also been flying the C208 95% of my flights so the change over to the Kodiak will be nice.

1 Like

I spend a lot of time in the C208 as well. Fun to fly, but very different beast vs the Kodiak. I run Neo Fly out of the Bahamas for bush and short hauls, as well as from my home turf. Defiantly not a “short field” plane like the Kodiak.

2 Likes

Anxiously waiting for developer to give us a update on his Facebook page. Been a while since the last one. I suspect SU5 has created its own set of challenges. Hope release date timeframe didn’t suffer too much.

June 24 was update (Post 35). They mentioned SU5 and amphian variant comes later.

I don’t have facebook, any updates on this aircraft?

Not much, their latest update was made on 8th Aug.

-Kodiak: For every two steps we take forward, it takes one behind. SU5 shuffled things up a bit with it, but we’re closing the distance fast.

And they’re on holiday so nothing can be expected until end of August as I have read - but September seems more possible.

2 Likes

Updated on SimWorks Studios’ Facebook page yesterday:

It’s been a while since we’ve given an update on the Kodiak, so now is a good time to do it!

For the past few weeks, we have been working very hard behind the scenes to improve our model and fix various inaccuracies and mistakes that we spotted during testing. We are finally at a point that we are happy with the model and expect to have her fully finished next week, so we can show her in earnest!

The flight model is in the final stages of tuning and focus is now on engine performance to close that front out.

The sounds for the aircraft were recorded from a real Kodiak and are 90% complete. Keep an ear out as we will soon be posting previews for it!

Work is also being put in the Zenith which is being tuned even closer to its real-world counterpart. We are now working on the floatplane’s flight model and the ski-equipped variant, which will be released as free updates to the current 701.

We are also working hard on Okavango and trying to expand it to include the full delta. Seronga is nearly finished and will be followed by Shakawe and the remaining 20 small airstrips to cover everything.

Regarding the CTDs some users experience, we are still looking into the issue but are unable to reproduce it at all internally. Some users reported that the problem “fixed itself”, some found that starting in a default airport in the delta allowed them to fly in and land, others lowered their graphics and it worked. As it seems to be related to Sim Update 5, our official position is to wait for World Update 6 which, per the announcement, will address CTDs. In the meantime, we will keep poking at it and if we can do something about it, we will! Below are some shots of the Seronga Police camp, right next to the airstrip.

Lastly, we are quiet because there are a lot of exciting aircraft and scenery projects we are working on. Stay tuned as new projects will be announced soon!

8 Likes

Looking forward :grinning:

1 Like

FB Update:

We are tyred of saying it, but the Kodiak’s exterior is wrapping up any day now.

8 Likes

Why not the Maun Airport? It’s the starting point for most of the traffic into the Delta.

Is there a rough date for release? Last I heard it was end of August, I assume SU5 made that impossible.

I’m not the developer so don’t have the answer to your question, sorry.

Ah, you’re quoting the developer from FB, got it, sorry.

So i placed my Question also wrong :grinning:

Looking forward to this aircraft. Our company just bought a Kodiak. Beautiful airplane. Sadly I won’t be flying it, stuck on the two Falcon 2000’s.

I’ll get to fly it in MSFS instead.

3 Likes