SimWorks Studios announced development of Kodiak 100

It looks like that screen shot is not the WT Nxi. I wonder if this is the point of difference. I’ll have to try this now out of curiosity.

I encountered the same situation, thank you for the solution.

It is. It’s the updated 0.11.0 version.

Well if its the 0.11 WT NXi and the latest Kodiak, it either works for all people or for none. Pressing the BANK key does nothing for me. I’ll check if there are any LVARs that control this.

For comparison, and to confirm my memory of the LVL button behaviour in the Kodiak, I removed the beta WT NXi. As before, with the stock G1000 it starts off with low brightness:

Doing the Menu-Ent-PROC-PROC button clicks brings back the auto brightness (as before):

In flight, clicking the LVL button displays LVL on the PFD and the plane’s wings stay level. Also, mouse over confirms the button stays on:

1 Like

@FieldGunner @Zeppos : I’ve the feeling topics are mixing up a bit. :slight_smile:

1. @FieldGunner : You’re talking about LVL button functionality and referring your own screenshots.
  2. @Zeppos: You’re talking about “Bank” button on the AP and referring to @Jigsaw407 's pictures as they’re the original g1000.
  3. @Sling380 is also referring to the “Bank” thread of Zeppo with Jigsaw’s picture, not your pictures FieldGunner.

My experience: using NXi 0.11 neither LVL, nor Bank worked for me. LVL works the same way as Fieldgunner describes above and Bank has no effect, AP is turning on 25deg with or without this function.

3 Likes

Perfect, thanks a lot. This is what I wanted to know.

I was replying about the BANK discussion and @Jigsaw407 images. Those pics do not look like WT Nxi to me.

1 Like

I like to fly with a co-pilot, but I have found that if I put an arrival the co-pilot does not appear. But when I leave out the arrival, the co-pilot appears.
Same model plane same livery
Anyone else found this.

True, I’m using the default G1000 because the LVL function doesn’t work with the NXi and … which is a small thing but bugs me … because the colors of the NXi are unpleasant. That garish oversaturated blue sky color and dark terrain … Bah! :wink:

Each to their own. The stock G1000 in its yellow/blue scheme is very arcade looking and not like the real unit which is why the colours were changed for the Nxi. Besides that the Nxi is way more capable and feature rich. Better get used to it because it will become the only G1000 in the sim at some point.

3 Likes

That’s alright, but for now I’m sticking with the one that doesn’t break very useful autopilot functions.

I wonder if the colours can be modded? They must be defined in one of the files in that package.

The NXi seems way more useful, considering it has working VNAV, holds, etc. - isn’t that all more useful than a working LVL button?

1 Like

Not for my kind of flying.

Vnav is the bomb. I can’t wait till the A32NX finally implements it.

1 Like

I guess I don’t really know what the LVL button would even be useful for. It levels the wings, correct? Doesn’t using ROL mode on the AP do the same thing? Or just aileron trim?

This is true. In real life, the level button is for when the pilot becomes specially disoriented, usually when a VFR pilot inadvertently gets themselves into IMC. Basically it’s for emergencies and not for everyday general purposes, though once can push it without worry that it will call ATC.

1 Like

As Sling380 said, the NXi mod is more like the real thing, colors, fonts, etc… I also agree that the default is cartoony/Arcadish.

2 Likes

That’s interesting because I noticed that SWS have modded the EIS colours which is a most welcome mod and along with the drag mods one of the best features about this latest update IMHO. The green is much more readable now. I wish the rest of the aircraft had the Kodiak EIS colours. Might have to investigate.