SimWorks Studios Kodiak 100 one the best aircraft for MSFS 2020

After I did some diggin into the information you pointed me towards. I think feather function doesn’t work the way it should when used with the honeycomb bravo!!

I really would like to see (if it is possible) that when the prop lever is pulled all the way back behind its detent, the feather function engages.
I tried several bindings but nothing worked. And using third party apps like Spad shouldn’t be the way to go, in my opinion.

Hopefully this will be sorted out in the near future.

Other than that I’m very happy with the Kodiak!!

Kind regards
Mark

3 Likes

This is probably the incline issue at play.

True, I hadn’t considered that. I was assuming they had tested at multiple locations.

Anyone figure out how to set the tail number so ATC recognizes it? I have my normal custom tail number, that’s what’s on the outside of the plane. and that’s on the tag in the cockpit. But ATC always calls me by a different callsign (N290KQ).

1 Like

One of the CFG files, aircraft.cfg IIRC, has all the tail numbers. Any field that has a tail number, call sign etc. just remove the text from between the quotes. Your custom tail number or flight number will now be used instead.

See here.

2 Likes

Thanks. I’ll do that. I was hoping we wouldn’t have to resort to that. So far, I’m liking this plane, but this seems like a rather strange choice for the dev to make…

Uphill is a bit of a trick. Try starting from the parking ramp downslope at L05 if you want a challenge. (No cheating by cutting across the grass for a running start!). :slight_smile:

1 Like

Curious as to whether there is a way to use the detent on my Honeycomb TQ mixture axis, as the position for Cut Off on the fuel condition?

The keybinds I’ve tried do not work

1 Like

Yep tha Anti-Ice event did not do it for me. What worked was the ANTI_ICE _GRADUAL_SET if you use SPAD and watch the values in you can see it gradually engaging over about 20-30 seconds. I have not checke3d in the debugger to see if I can detect any power derating but given all the other attention to detail in the plane I expect this will be present.

As for the ignition Switch, I thought I had it toggling, but I just checked and no it does not. I guess a question for the devs over in their support forum. It definitely triggers the event in the Sim just nothing visible happens, at least with the Events we are using… :wink:

As for the Cabin lights I will play around with it later tonight and see what I can make work. Many thanks for the info!!!

1 Like

Mark I have this working as you suggested. I know because somewhere in my SPAD Config I created a function to check the prop pitch and lever position and it Announces Feather. However I cannot find the function I created for it at least in the Kodiak profile. I know it is setup in my TBM profile. This leads me to think that the Default Throttle profiles the Kodiak sets up already properly sets the feather pitch. the verbal announce was a happy coincidence for my config.

1 Like

@HDYves , I’m about to get into that throttle. After working out how to do it all on a single lever on the TBM this should be a pretty straight forward operation. :wink:
I need to study up on how it works IRL (Ryan @MBP Kodiak course to the rescue) :wink:

Completely agree with you about this aircraft - it is one of the very best!

A question regarding the skydive model - I have found I get crashes (aircraft stress) every time I open the jump door, regardless (I think) of air speed, flaps configuration, switch setting (off, ready, jump), or altitude. I have never had a crash with any of the other models, or with other aircraft. Can anyone advise the correct procedures for the skydive model?

Turn off simulated damage, it is in the manual. It is a limitation of the sim, many other airplanes have that issue as well including Milviz Porter. You cannot open ANY door during the flight without crashing the plane.
I was thinking, if small windows can be opened inflight, why not try to model the door as a small window in the MSFS code.

1 Like

Mark, the simulator requires negative input to feather the propeller. We don’t have control over peripheral-game interaction, that is a core MSFS responsibility and impossible for a 6-strong team to afford, test and follow.

What would be of use is for the game to have a feather axis assignment that can go from +100% to -100%. That would solve the problem for feathering and also reverse, if a similar assignment was made.

2 Likes

Small windows cause the same crash midflight.:unamused:
So only solution is to fly with those settings turned off.

hmm that is strange because it works on many other aircraft so it means it is doable. Maybe something to add to “things to do” list?

Other aircraft use Lvars for their windows/exits, whereas we use the actual Exit variables. The reason was to make them visible in multiplayer when Asobo gets around to it. The overstress damage is a bug of MSFS that has been acknowledged by Asobo and will be fixed at some point.

We cannot keep compensating for core sim problems that will be fixed in the future, because after we release 4 planes we won’t have time to do more as we will be chasing after maintenance. Adjusting to Sim Updates is already a big undertaking.

10 Likes

Last night I was setting up the controls in Spad Next, but really struggling with the inertial separator, could you give a little more detail in how you set it up please? I tried the ANTI_ICE _GRADUAL_SET but it didn’t seem to do anything?

I’m not sure that I have that setup up on its own, but I do have my de-ice switch bound to a few functions that enable airframe/prop de-ice to max, and the two switches left, and right of the boost pump that I couldn’t get to work. One the PFD I see that indicate that the TKS that bypass is enabled, as well as TKS max mode is enabled.

If I don’t use de-ice, and instead manually flip the switch for bypass only, that seems to take a while before it actually goes into bypass, and I assume this is part of the simulation.

But why does the de-ice switch do the same instantly?