SimWorks Studios Kodiak 100 one the best aircraft for MSFS 2020

Sorry, I missed your earlier post.

1 Like

Thank you Sir for your advise.

Itā€™s all good. Iā€™m just irritated how an issue like that, which is the very first thing that I noticed within 5 seconds of loading up the aircraft makes it into a final release candidate.

Has really no one testing the update tried the Kodiak with vanilla MSFS? Because that literally is the only way it absolutely has to work properly. Third party controller tools are optional, MSFS onboard functionality is mandatory.

Very disappointed, I was looking forward to all the enhancements.

1 Like

Yes, There is a way to gradual set it. Itā€™s the same deal for the Caravan and others. The animation of the handle is a Bvar from memory so without a hook thatā€™s a no go currently but the annunciations, engine readings and operational timings can be made to work just like the real thing.

same for me using spad.next I canā€™t get my bravo throttle working at all for throttle after this update. Using in game bindings it works but I donā€™t get the reverser.

I am using it with the vanilla MSFS and it works fine.

It took me a while to get my throttle sorted but I finally got my reverse working. I use Axis & Ohs - Iā€™ve never used spad - but maybe this will help you? I use my throttle as normal, and if I pull back to zero and engage a button, the normal throttle throw moves the throttle backwards into the reverser range.

I set my reverse throttle axis like this:
Screenshot 2022-10-12 163044

And then set it ā€˜reversedā€™, thus:
Screenshot 2022-10-12 163102

Good luck getting yours working.

I got this working, but it sends to high values, so I had 5000% Throttle on the tooltip and more. If you would just change the 0 to +100 you would have the setting, that SHOULD work for the full range of the throttle, without using the button comboā€¦ But it doesnt.

Oh, I did not try -100 ā†” +100 on a single axis. I canā€™t use that setup because I donā€™t have a detent at 50% throw. With the ā€˜reverser buttonā€™ I have a much better physical feel for where my throttle is. Iā€™ve always done it this way.

Out of curiousity, I will check the tooltips next time to see what they say.

Ok, without a detent it would be difficult. But you would also move the Center for the Axis to where your detent would be. Mine is at around 10%. And yeah I would be really interested to see what your tooltip says. maybe there is something other wrong in my setup.

Could not find this on SWS site butā€¦is the correct procedure to uninstall the prior wheeled version first before running the updated versionā€™s installer? Looked through the thread and some people have done it this way but I could not find anything definitive as to SWSā€™s recommended method. If uninstalling is the correct way, do we need to manually uninstall any other files (camera.cfg, state.cfg, etc).

Regarding the new throttle logic, does this mean that the ā€˜toggle reverse thrustā€™ button press method no longer work as it used to? This would be my preferred method of engaging reverse thrust. My throttle has no detent.

1 Like

It does work with reverse thrust toggle. Thatā€™s how I have to use it now: reversed throttle axis and using a toggle reverse button, which necessitates seperate control profiles just for the Kodiak, which wasnā€™t needed before.

It doesnā€™t work like the last version for me anymore, which renders the reverse range on my Thrustmaster throttle useless for the Kodiak. It worked perfectly in the previous version, but now that functionality is gone.

1 Like

Iā€™m hoping to check this out tonight.

Shame it now works this way now. It seems more sensible to me that SWS make the throttle implementation work correctly with the base sim and only then to add further functionality catering to special hardware and addons.

1 Like

On the SWS site, has anyone managed to get the discount code working for the Amphibian?
I see the code, type it into the discount box and it keeps coming back ā€˜invalid code.ā€™ I did in fact purchase the wheeled version from their site a while back.

Thatā€™s the idea. Unfortunately we cannot test with every piece of hardware and have to make sure that default functionality works right first. We will look into extending it because the idea of beta range is to make full use of control setups like @Jigsaw407 has, but that is still a ā€œtechnological gambleā€ today. A gamble that we will work on, though.

4 Likes

I mapped it in SPAD using the GRADUAL ANTI ICE event - to get the incremental increase what I did was use the data monitor to see what it was incrementing by and then created a sequence of events using that increment. It was very tedious to do (I ended up with about 30 events - no doubt there is a better way to script it in SPAD) but now I have a properly working external inert sep.

Understood. Keep up the great work. Absolutely love this bird and look forward to any further updates and improvements.

1 Like

Yeah, Iā€™ve decided to stay with the new version and use the separate control profiles. Itā€™s a great plane despite this issue. Looking forward to some reviews of the Floatiak.

2 Likes