SimWorks Studios Kodiak 100 one the best aircraft for MSFS 2020

I love the Kodiak and may pick up the amphibian but I’m a little loathed because of the lack of parking for floats cold and dark. Are there any scenery packs that allow cold and dark starts or recommendations of good locations where to start cold and dark then roll into the water?

If you are on PC try PALH (Lake Hood) freeware from flightsim.to. Lots of water docks to start c&d in the water and also a ramp for amphibian ops.

There is also a nice freeware for Male seaplane base in the Maldives.

1 Like

There certainly are! Misty’s Flying Club has some great ones in Alaska. And the Water Airports - Global Pack 1 was just released on Flightsim.to adds water landings with parking strips all over the globe.

1 Like

Full disclosure, I have some addons in Alaska (Orbx PAKT, Alaska Mesh, RTMM) and I’m not sure what adds what or what is default (I suspect all the extras are RTMM), but there are plenty of water runways with parking, like Chuck Meyers 84K near Ketchikan. Sometimes the sim will spawn you nose first into the dock instead of parallel. With Kodiak you can reverse, but with the Beaver, you have to wait for the current to turn you (although I haven’t thought to ask for a push off as some of the piers, like GINC, have marshalls on the dock).

3 Likes

Perfect thank you

Great stuff cheers :+1:t2:

Gets difficult to know what’s what with the addons doesn’t it :rofl: cheers for the suggestions

Will you be modelling the Kodiak 900 The NEW Kodiak 900 - PERFORMANCE - YouTube

Really hope so

Lets get the 100 out of the way first. We like the 900, we may ask Daher for it if time permits.

4 Likes

I reeeeeally wish I’d picked this up during the Black Friday sale. But, decided on the C414 from FlySimWare. Boy, how I regret not getting the Kodiak. :pensive:

I did take advantage of the offer, do not be discouraged for Christmas you will surely have offers and I hope that there are 100 for you to buy.
A greeting

1 Like

Was happy to see your post on Discord yesterday. Looking forward to the release.

Was also very happy to finally figure out how to get all the doors and latches to open and close using external switches. Smoke…ha!

1 Like

Wait — do you not like the 414?

I had it on my list (for Xbox) and the reviews seem to be great so far.

2 Likes

The 414 is brilliant on Xbox.

2 Likes

It is good, but not as good as it is on PC. You only have the oldest Nav and Autopilot options, and things like mixture keep being bugged.

Good plane on Xbox. Great plane on PC.

Still the best GA Twin available on console.

The Kodiak is and always has been fully featured on both. There’s still nothing that really competes with its feature set on Xbox.

2 Likes

Nope, he’s always posting complaints (and then deleting them) from the 414 conversation. He’s adamant the Kodiak is a better aircraft in the sim without ever having tried it. Each to their own, of course, but if you’ve not tried the competition you can’t really go making outlandish claims about how it’s better “just because”.

Don’t be put off from buying it based on the above post - the 414 is a great aircraft, one of the best models in the sim.

5 Likes

I’ve asked this poster a few times on a few threads why he/she dislikes the 414 but have unfortunately yet to receive any reply whatsoever.

I genuinely would like to know the reasons for the apparently regretted purchase so that I could understand the negative reaction to it. I notice that you have also asked a question too. I would be surprised if you receive a response either.

For what it’s worth, my own personal experience of the 414 on PC is extremely positive. I like the flight model and the engine sounds are fantastic perhaps the best I have experienced in a GA. Working circuit breakers and wear and tear are unfortunately lacking but their inclusion would for me definitely make it the best GA in the sim so far in my opinion.

The Kodiak is also great and is a very fine product too. The amphibian version at £15 is almost a steal in fact. Fantastic value.This too is one of my favorite aircraft. In my opinion, you can’t go wrong with either aircraft. :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

very true though I have to say having both that right now kodiak is just better overall for xbox in my humble opinion

414 has some issues and is somewhat lacking

no weather radar, wt 530 not working nav mode, mixture not properly modelled and no sound, old ap only (which is ok, i love old quirk stuff but no choices here)

now if we’re talking about pc it’s a different story and just a matter of taste i guess, me personally I love them both and they’re absolutely compatible in a man hangar because of the different purpose they have

if I have to suggest a buy for xbox I’d say get the kodiak now and see how 414 evolve/fix

For me on XSX the c414 wins by a good mile.
The Kodiak used to but I now much prefer the 414. It depends on what you like the most and the 414 for me is the more immersive aircraft,

But I know lots of users like the Kodiak too. - you wouldn’t regret purchasing either, it depends on whether you like an older analogue flight deck and piston engines or a modern glass turbine. The DC3 add on is OK for sure but the 414 feels very very real in all respects.

Edit: it’s not just about analogiue va glass cockpit, it’s also about how you want to flu. If you want a STOL adventure, the Kodiak does that best. If you want to fly a bit higher, a bit faster, than the 414 is your plane, Both sets of devs support these aircraft and from a quality standpoint they’re equivalent - for me it’s the 414, I’ve got a lot of flight hours on it now - but that is my own personal preference and others will prefer the Kodiak…

Hello all! This topic is to discuss the SimWorks Studio Kodiak. Stay on that subject. For other aircraft, use their respective topics.

Thank you!

9 Likes