Size of cockpit in VR - can you change it?

When I sit in the cockpit - in VR mode - it appears to be a little on the “small” side.

In DHS you can adjust the “IPD” to make the cockpit enlarge or shrink.

Is there a feature similar in MSFS 2020? or a way to do it manually?

I think i read that it is in the open xr toolkit.You can find it on this site.There are posts about it in the comments.

thank you, I’ll check that out.

2 Likes

Yes, with the OpenXR Toolkit like @StretchMussel60 mentioned above.

Once installed, within the menus, there’s a scaling option for the “world”. It can be either decreased or increased.

2 Likes

I think the Cessna 152 & 172 are too small, and the TBM 930. I find 110% in Open XR toolkit makes it look right for my own taste.

2 Likes

Hi,

I use the OpenXR companion app, it’s fantastic. I run at 125% size increase and find that ideal for me across different types of aircraft. Something I found useful when adjusting the world scale was to use the drone cam at an airport to stand next to a person and car. I set the drone cam to approximate head height, then physically stood up as if I was standing next to the person or car. It helped provide me with an equivalent real life comparison.

Occasionally I also like to stand up in the A320, 787, etc. and literally walk/move around the cockpit in VR whilst I’m flying (I have a Quest 2 that I sometimes use in wireless mode). Little things like the size of the cockpit door, handles, chair, dials etc. can also be a handy reference when determining what scale suits you best.

Cheers,

5 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.