Skiathos - Corfu, Greek Island Hopping

I’m always on the lookout for route pairing that match my 3rd party addon scenery airports and today I decided to try a turboprop sector from Orbx’s Skiathos (LGSK) over to FlyTampa’s Corfu (LGKR)- both usually destinations that I’d plan international hops to/from in the A320.

I punched in the airport codes into Simbrief, got myself the following flight plan and loaded it into the BRSimDesign’s wonderful EMB121’s GPS. It turn’s out that the route between the two islands is incredibly scenic, starting from the Aegean Sea, heading up along the Halkidiki peninsular towards Thessaloniki, then passing by Mount Olympus and the Pindus mountains towards the Ionian Sea.

LGSK RWY01 TSL1B TSL UM600 YNN G12 PARAX PARA1U RNP34 LGKR

To my surprise, it was just today that I learned that Greece had snow! I’d only ever visited beachside resorts as a kid there in the summer time, however the northern inland topography is depicted very impressively in the sim, and made for some great winter views out the window with mostly clear skies thanks to real world weather conditions. If you’re looking for a good 1 and a half hour sim session to see some new scenery- I highly recommend this airport pairing! :greece:

6 Likes