Small JS config file mod to gain 10/15+ FPS in airliners and glass cockpit planes

Its the ROG MAXIMUS X HERO (WI-FI AC)

I’ve debated wether to spend that kind of money if going from 8700 to 9700/9900, or are they just a minor upgrade from the 8700k. If so, i’ll wait to get a new gen with a new mobo.

That combo is fine, its still very modern and very performant.

Do not upgrade to 9700 or 9900, although same socket and “may” support it, power phases and delivery are different on boards designed for the 9 series, also a 9700k is just basically 8700k without HT.

1 Like

I thought it wouldn’t be significant. I know they have more cores as well. With 5 ghz boost.

I appreciate the info. As long as the 2080ti / 8700k doesn’t have any bottlenecks working together, i think i’ll keep them until next gen Intels come out.

By then it might be worth getting the new 3000 series Nvidia card along with it.

Check out this comparison… doesn’t look like you’d get much bang for your buck.

You might be better off getting a new motherboard that will take the new generation CPUs, from either Intel or AMD. The Ryzen 4000 series is about to be released, so you may want to keep using what you have for a bit longer and see how those perform.

The 2080ti is a really nice GPU… maybe use the site I linked to and play with the configuration page. You can load up your GPU and see how it does with a corresponding CPU.

Cheers!

1 Like

I have an 8086k (a binned 8700k that runs cooler and faster out the box OC’ed heavily) and run with a 2080ti, ill ditch the 2080ti and grab a 3090 when they are released, run at 4k (current do now), i have no plans to update my CPU for many more years

2 Likes

Thanks for the info guys, much appreciated. Sounds like I’ll wait it out for some next gen gpu/cpu.

I just bought this 2080ti for $1200 not too long ago, maybe 4 or 5 months ago, not ready to part with more money ‘just’ yet.

9700K appears to offering better performance/$ than 8700K

https://cpu.userbenchmark.com/Compare/Intel-Core-i7-8700K-vs-Intel-Core-i7-9700K/3937vs4030

Yes it will, but its negligible - its not worth paying to upgrade to that. Also completely depends if you OC or not.

That 2080ti is a beast of a GPU… should work and play well with nearly any upgrade I would think.

The new 3000 series Nvidia card reportedly has a 350W TDP. Good article here.

There are plenty of old automotive radiators in the pick n pull yards you could use to custom build a water cooling setup. :rofl:

2 Likes

It seems to me, that the fix isn’t working anymore since the recent patch? Dropped again to low 30s in the 787 at LOWW, when i manually edit the original Asobo file it goes back to ~45. Can anyone else confirm this?

I applied it last night and things got noticeably worse in-game. Dev stats looked better, but “Mark I Eyeball” told me otherwise.

I uninstalled it.

Patch has reverted the file back to original, everyone must manually edit it again.

This is witchcraft! I went from 100 fps to 500 fps!! You know, on the loading screens. 'bout a 15fps bump while flying.

1 Like

FYI: MS Patch overwrites this file. You will need to edit it again after patch is applied.

2 Likes

After the update, I had to delete the fix folder from the Community folder and paste it in again to make it work.
This is weird…

2 Likes

Same for the A320NX project

Nah, it’s okay. I’ve been building systems since my 486 days in the 80’s, so I know how that “wait and see” game plays out. :wink: I already ordered parts locally, picking them up tonight. Got the i7-10700K and Gigabyte Z490 AORUS Pro AX. I went with the 10700K instead of a 9900K because the 10700K has a little better single thread performance and runs a little cooler under load. (It was also just a little cheaper than the 9900K.)

2 Likes

That’s a good call. Having the CPU heat-throttled is a bummer.

They’re expensive, but for an air cooler they’re pretty top drawer: Noctua NH-D15, Premium CPU Cooler with 2X NF-A15 PWM 140mm Fans. (Don’t ask me about the color scheme.) :thinking:

Annotation 2020-09-02 114915

Thanks for the suggestion, but I have a Corsair H60 liquid cooler than is compatible with the LGA1200 socket, so I’m good to go there. :slight_smile:

lmao, good stuff